RECIPE: VEGETABLES A LA GRECQUE
Posted by Golden on August 14th, 2010
250g small pickling onions
5tsp soy oil
2tsp lemon oil
2 strips lemon rind
2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
? red onion
1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
Pinch of dry oregano
Fine chopped herbs to garnish
1. Place the pickling onions in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for two minutes, then drain. Peel and reserve.
2. Trim the mushroom stems. Cut the mushrooms into half or quarters, or leave whole if small. Cut courgettes into1/4 inch slices.
3. Place the oil, water, lemon juice and rind, garlic, onion, pepper, coriander and oregano in a sauce pan over a high heat and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the small onions and simmer for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and courgettes and simmer for further 2 minutes.
5. Transfer all the vegetables to a heat proof dish.
6. Return the liquid to the boil until reduced to 6 table spoons. Pour the liquid over the vegetables and leave to cool completely. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorGolden
Joined: August 9th, 2010
Articles Posted: 73
More by this author