Things You Should Know Before Hiring a Software Development Company
Posted by Bespokesoftwaredevelopment1 on June 3rd, 2014
If you have an idea for a software project, a web site, an application, or perhaps need to automate some of your business process, then you need to work with a good software development company. With so many of them out there, how do you choose the one? Here are just some of the factors you need to consider before hiring a software development company.Also See: Software Development, Development Company, Good Software, Bespoke Software, Software, Development, Company
1. Find a company that has experience working on a project similar to yours. Not all software developers can take on projects of any scale. Some companies focus on large, multi-year, or multi-enterprise development projects. Some specialize in just certain
Technologies, like enterprise systems integration or mobile media applications.
2. Have a realistic time frame. There are limits to how fast software can be developed. Even after it is done, it still needs to be thoroughly tested before delivery. A good software development company will not over promise and will instead give you a very realistic timeframe, so that you are not left hanging.
3. Find a company that uses a methodology that works for you. Most software development firms have preferred methods. If you foresee your requirements changing a lot while the project is in development, choose a custom software company that is responsive and flexible.
4. Determine your budget. Look at industry standards to assess how much you might need. Most developers are willing to work with your budget, but be prepared—you may need to trade features to keep costs low. The good developers will help you make wise trades.
5. Ask about support and maintenance. Software does not spontaneously change—it’s the environment that does. Your network, your hardware, and your business processes will all change, eventually, over time. Make it very clear now who and how the software will be maintained once it has been delivered. This is very important if you want to protect the longevity of your investment. The best software companies provide some level of maintenance, support, and training post delivery. Assess if what they are providing is enough for you.
6. Check insurance. This is especially true of your project involves a lot of security and safety issues—sensitive data, proprietary business information, classified information, personal information, medical information, etc. If there is a risk of physical harm when the system fails, then you may need to hire a software development firm that is properly insured to work on high-safety or high-security systems.
About The Author:
Jignesh Vaducha is a Managing Director at Schnell Solutions Limited. He works closely with Schnell's customer around the globe on their IT transformation and modernisation initiatives with a specific focus on developing bespoke software applications. Under his leadership, Schnell offers various services viz. Bespoke Software Development and Consulting, Mobile App, IT Audit, Ebase Xi and other services which focus on Integration and Automation. Prior to working for Schnell, Jignesh was a key member of the Software AG UK Government team responsible for creating and delivering innovative service transformation and security solutions.
BTV Music Production Software
BTV Professional Music Production Software works as a standalone application or with your DAW as a VST or AU plugin (optional). If you are inspired, BTV will help you get your ideas out faster.