RECIPE: SWEET AND SOUR COURGETTES
Posted by Golden on August 14th, 2010
3 tsp Soya oil
1 large clove, finely chopped
3 tsp white wine vinegar
3 tsp water
6-8 anchovy fillets, canned
3 tsp pine kernels (cashews)
3 tsp raisins (or saltanas)
Salt and pepper
Fresh herbs to garnish.
1. Cut the courgettes into long thin slips. Heat the oil in a large heavy based frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and fry, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
2. Add the courgettes and cook stirring until brown. Add the vinegar and water. Reduce the heat and shimmer for 10 minutes.
3. Drain the anchovies and mash them to a paste.
4. Stir the anchovies, pine kernels and raisins into a frying pan. Increase the heat and stir until the courgettes are coated in a thin sauce and are tender. Taste and season, but remember anchovies are very salty.
5. Either serve immediately or leave to cool completely, then serve garnished with fresh herbs.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorGolden
Joined: August 9th, 2010
Articles Posted: 73
More by this author