A collection of great ideas for the basement
Posted by LauraDerb on December 31st, 2020
Most houses have a basement that is either empty or used for storage. What a waste for a room that adds an extra floor to your home! There are many different things you can do with your basement and the uses it can be put to. All you need is a little imagination! Here, then, in no particular order, are a few basement ideas that you might want to consider:
1) The basement is a great place for a hobby room. For example, some people like miniature trains and what better place than the basement to set up your realistic village and train tracks? The basement can be used for almost any hobby and allows you to get away, relax, and focus on your hobby.
2) Now that so many people have large flat screen televisions, they need a room that can be dedicated to watching television. The basement is a great place to set everything up the way you want to have the home theater budget basement.
3) Basement lighting can be essential because it will set the mood for the room. Basements generally have little to no sunlight, and therefore the artificial lights you choose are critical. Try things like string lights, globe lights, onyx lights, and novelty lights to get exactly what you want the room to look like.
4) The basement will naturally be the coldest room during the hot summer months and could be converted into a bedroom or guest room. If your home doesn't have air conditioning, sleeping in the basement downstairs during the summer can be a "cool" idea and get you a better night's sleep.
5) Your basement can also be turned into a themed area. Does your child like baseball or a particular sport? Turn your basement into a room dedicated to your favorite team or sport. If you have a daughter, it can be a room about whatever she is intensely interested in.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorLauraDerb
Joined: October 25th, 2017
Articles Posted: 2,005
More by this author