13 Things To Expect From A Professionally Trained Cab Driver
Posted by South Bay Yellow Cab on October 16th, 2014
For years, you have been taking a Manhattan Beach taxi to take you where you would like to go. You have always been at home with taking a cab to your chosen destinations. You have never thought about just how you appreciate the service that is being given to you and you really do love the whole thing of being able to get a ride to almost anywhere. But now that you have decided to get into the Manhattan Beach cab business, it is just right that you had started to rethink and remember all of your Manhattan Beach taxi experiences. You go through all the details that you can remember so that you would see just what made you happy taking a Manhattan Beach cab every time.
What makes a ride really nice is composed of two things - the vehicle and the driver. The South Bay Yellow Cab can attest to that. The vehicle would make the passenger feel comfortable while the driver would be the one that the passenger would interact with. Of these two, it is the driver that you do need to focus on because if you would like to get into the taxi business, you should know the traits that a professional cab driver must have.
1. Helpful - A good cab driver should be able to help out his or her passengers especially if they have a lot of stuff to bring inside the vehicle or take out of the vehicle.
2. Polite - Movies depict drivers who seem to be rude. However, once you find a professional driver, you would see that they are polite.
3. Familiar with the place and with the roads to take - A professional would be more than happy to bring you to your destination. There would not be a lot of difficulty for him to do that as he knows the place and he knows the roads to take to get you there.
4. Knows how to operate the meter - All taxis have meters. A professional will know how to properly operate this. He will also have a meter that is not tampered with.
5. Arrives on time - When showing up for work, he will arrive on time. When he needs to pick someone up, he will arrive on time. He knows the importance of being punctual and he knows the importance of time.
6. Has a pleasant disposition - You would not want to be stuck with a cab driver who is angry at the world. A professional will keep his passengers happy and entertained with this.
7. Communicates well - Have you ever had trouble communicating with a driver? A professional will be easy to communicate with.
8. Honest - Some passengers accidentally leave important stuff behind. A professional would take the time to return it to the owner.
9. Respectful - A professional knows that respect is earned. He also knows that respecting passengers is very important.
10. Has a valid license to drive - He has been able to pass all of the government’s requirements for drivers.
11. Does not think the road is a racetrack - There are drivers who speed a lot. Professionals do not.
12. Follows the rules - A professional is knowledgeable about the rules in the street and he follows them too.
13. Listens well - Have you ever taken a cab ride with a driver who does not listen to the things you say? A professional would not do that to you.