10 Warehousing And Inventory Management Mistakes People Are Not Aware Of
Posted by PMLogistics on October 31st, 2014
Warehousing is a very important business that the world needs. See, most people hold on to material things. They acquire a lot of stuff that they have no place for. Their homes can be too cramped with all the things that they have bought. And yet, they feel like they would not want to part with a lot of items even if they do not even need them. That is why warehousing became a lucrative business. People who need to store items can do that so they can free up some space in their home.
However, there are warehousing and inventory management mistakes that most people are not aware of. It is very essential that you understand these because it should help you make a good decision when the time has come for you to warehouse a lot of items that you cannot store in your home and yet you cannot let go of. Here are ten mistakes. Read on and learn.
1. Poor facilities. There are some warehouses that have poor facilities. You would not want to go with that. Your chances of your items getting ruined because of its storage can really go up high. Choose well and find a good one that should keep your items safe. Pyramid is a very good example of this.
2. Not efficient system. There are warehouses that do not have efficient systems. The whole system can go wrong any minute. It can be quite a confusing thing especially when information gets all mixed up.
3. Wrong packaging. If you are looking for warehouse services Westminster or trade show display warehousing, make sure that you go with a good company. There are some which do not make use of the right packaging for your items. When they do that, the chances of your items getting damaged are quite high.
4. Disorganized database. When a company does not have a good database, it can be quite a confusing ordeal for anybody.
5. No proper operations system. If you think that operating a warehouse is easy, think again. There are too many things going on. A good company will have a good system running.
6. Untrained staff. Warehouse services Westminster and trade show display warehousing have good employees who have gone through the right training. This helps enable efficiency.
7. Lack of communication. Any business should know how to communicate well with its employees and with its clients.
8. No proper software. Good warehouses invest in a good software to properly assist the whole operations. Having too many software running can slow things down. One that can run everything is the best option.
9. Giving all items the same treatment. Not all items stored in warehouses are the same. There are those that are fragile and those that need extra care. Not all items should be treated the same.
10. Not open for suggestions. Good companies listen. Deal with those. These are those who show how important their clients are. Those who do not simply look at people as sources of revenue and nothing more.
Ron Morgan is the market representative for Pyramid Logistics. Pyramid Logistics specializes in warehouse services, tradeshow display warehousing, mobile exhibit tours and electronic transportation services that are responsibly priced, timely, efficient, damage free and in conformity with the highest industry standards.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorPMLogistics
Joined: July 14th, 2014
Articles Posted: 213
More by this author