Find the Right Land Surveying Firm to Get all the Details of Your Property
Posted by Calvada on November 4th, 2014
Many homeowners never think about the value that a land surveyor offers to their real estate dealings. People who want to purchase or sell land, subdivide a parcel, or build on an undeveloped or unimproved land need the services of a licensed and professional surveyor in order to secure all the details of a property, determine its real value, and avoid future problems in terms of land boundaries. Fortunately, finding a qualified person and service to do the job is not as hard as it appears. Here are some things to remember when hiring a surveyor for your property:
- Ask about their experience – Experience in the industry is an important factor that will help you determine the quality of work that your chosen surveyor can offer. Experience comes with the ability to work smart and work efficiently, especially when it comes to thorough examination and analysis of the different details of the property. A land surveying company's years of experience also says a lot about their expertise and knowledge in the industry.
- Ask for good references – Talk to past clients about your chosen surveyor's past work. Past references will not lie and they will be more than happy to share their experiences with the company as well as the quality of their completed job.
- Read through your contract/agreement – Make certain that your contract states all the work that needs to be done within an estimated completion date. Make sure that all details of your agreement are draw up in the contract so there will be no surprises later or just before you conclude your transaction.
- Ask questions – Don't hesitate to ask about the services that you can expect as well as the things you will be left with after the actual survey. Ask about the types of plan you will get after the work is done. If your contract does not specify this, make sure to have it revised before everything is finalized.
- Be specific – Always be specific with what you want accomplished. Any land surveyor worth their salt will help any client save time and money by suggesting services and approaches that will best satisfy their needs. They will tell you what is truly necessary to complete your project as opposed to sticking with what you think you need to have your property surveyed.
About the Author:
Armando Dupont, a professional land surveyor started his career in surveying in 1977 and has extensive experience in managing personnel and projects. His experience includes: topographic mapping, boundary surveys and analysis, construction and control surveying, preparation of tract and parcel maps, earth work calculation and quantities, targeting and control for photogrammetric, and land title surveys in accordance with the American Land Title Association and the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping. Mr. DuPont founded Calvada Surveying, Inc. in 1989 and is a licensed Professional Land Surveyor in the State of California.