Take Some Positive Dating Steps Now!
Posted by Nick Niesen on October 27th, 2010
There?s a lot of information about online dating ? how to choose a dating site; how to write your profile; how to pick a photo . . .
. . . but there?s not a lot about having the right attitude. Just like any aspect of your life, online dating requires a positive attitude. Assuming the worst makes for rotten profile writing, bad picture selection and negative responses. Instead, make life easy for yourself by taking these positive steps now:
1) Sign up ? stop prevaricating and browsing and actually register. It?s fun and it?s rewarding and you?ll be amazed at how easy it is. Think about what you?re like and what you want to get out of the site and then just do it!
2) Be yourself ? pretending to be someone or something you?re not backfires in the end. There are thousands of people registered on dating sites ? don?t make the common mistake of assuming that there?s no-one out there who will be interested in you. Just tell it as it is; lead your readers with bits of information that might encourage them to respond and sit back to see what happens.
3) A good photo counts ? every profile needs a good photo to go with it. You don?t have to be a supermodel or a hunk ? just a good quality, clear photograph of yourself is all it takes ? and remember you can update your profile whenever you like, so stick a new photo up after your holiday or with a new haircut ? it really does matter.
4) Take control ? once you get some responses, don?t rush the replies. Take the time to read what?s been written carefully and write good replies. Pick and choose the ones that you want to get back to and ditch the ones you don?t. Taking control is a really positive step and dictating how you reply and how you move forward towards an actual date can give you loads of confidence and optimism.
5) Feel good! This is a great step you?re taking. In thousands of cases, it?s led to finding a partner for life or a new best friend. Don?t have really high expectations; take things as they come and enjoy every minute.
Use these tips and the other articles in this month?s magazine to get out there and make the most of your online dating experience!
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorNick Niesen
Joined: April 29th, 2015
Articles Posted: 33,847
More by this author