What is Video Content Marketing? Why do brands need Video Marketing?
Posted by Prabodh Shiwakoti on February 8th, 2021
An important aspect of content marketing where marketers use videos to engage viewers and promote their brand simultaneously is Video Content Marketing or Video Marketing.
According to Skeleton- “Video content marketing rests on the principle of creating and distributing valuable & consistent video content to your target audience with the aim of attracting, engaging, and converting qualified leads."
In the word Video, V is Visual, I is Informative, D- Different, E- Entertaining, and O for Original. Video Marketing focuses on the production and online distribution of visual content that is informative, entertaining, and educational, but it should be original and different from your competitors’ content.
Why Choose Video Marketing as a content marketing strategy?
How are Marketers using Video in digital marketing?
At present, marketers spend good bucks on video ads. In 2021, 71% of B2B marketers are using video marketing, whereas 63% is found in B2C businesses (OptinMonster). In fact, both types of businesses are using the best strategy to incorporate video content in their digital marketing.
Brands use live videos and snack videos for social media marketing. Marketers also plan to use virtual reality, webinars, and interactive video. Some digital marketers have started using TikTok to share digital marketing knowledge, their services or even suggesting audiences take their master-class. This is a win-win situation for the creators (in Tiktok) and Marketers (in other platforms ).
Marketing with Videos ads
Video ads can also have descriptions of individual products. These ads can be Native Facebook ads, YouTube ads, Social Media Video Ads, Influencer Video Ads, and User Generated Content(Video). Distributing ad videos on social media networks depend on your target customers, on which platform these target customers found, and when they can be actively engaged with ads.
Facts and Figures about Video Marketing in 2020/21
Listed are the vital stats and figures, from Sources, about Video Content Marketing :
· In 2020, 92% of marketers view video as an important part of their marketing strategy.
· 95% of video marketers believe that video has helped in increasing brand awareness.
· 58% of consumers visit a brand’s social media pages before visiting their website.
· 61% of marketers plan to increase their video spending in 2021.
· Live Internet video will account for 17% of Internet video traffic by 2022.
Challenges in Video Content Marketing
When you don’t define your video strategy for your brand as a whole or for a particular marketing campaign, you will have no roadmap for actions; the failure appears close. Marketers must do proper homework on making strategies and incorporating goals with them.
Content must be entertaining as well as informative. The small details and psychological aspects of a video are major concerns regarding content creation, execution, and production.
Different digital platforms have a different working mechanism. If a similar kind of format is used in video production and distributed on all digital platforms, it may not give good results. Thus, diversification is needed.
Video making and video editing tools may be an issue for new marketers. Thus finding the right tools along with the types of equipment for video production, remains another challenge in video marketing.
Lack of standardized reporting in various platforms makes online video metrics challenging. Moreover, lack of metrics results in less information about the effectiveness of your idea. Metrics like: View count, Play rate, Watch rate, Clickthrough rate, and Conversion rate must be focused.
Strategies for Effective Video Marketing.
· Find out the objective of your video and keep a realistic budget for video production. Visualize your video and how it would convey the message. After that, you can prepare a script for your video.
· In the case of vlogs, always stay unscripted as it gives a real and genuine feel to the audience. Behind the Scenes does not need any script as it is always expected to be spontaneous and funny.
· Find the quality equipment: cameras, mic, lights, etc. for the shoot. You have to invest in these to give a good start and continuity to your online(Video) journey.
· Set up your studio with good light and an echo-proof room.
· Rehearse the script. Shoot yourself or the actors. This is really your or your actor’s time to shine. So stay motivated and do your best in the video.
· Edit your video using video editing tools. Ensure to put copyright-free music, texts or emojis, or memes content in between for entertainment purposes. You can take the help of a video editor if you are not confident in editing.
· Record your or actors’ voice over and use it when necessary.
· Post your video with an interesting title and caption on desired social media or digital platform using hashtags popular in your niche industry along with your unique hashtags.
· You can also run Live Video to express your brand values, voice, describe your product or run a Q&A session after encouraging audiences to type questions in the comments section.
Pro Tips for better Video Content Marketing
Earlier, ad campaigns of brands were done on Television. Lots of capital necessary for featuring on Televisions made small businesses stay strong traditionally. Now, these small businesses can create videos about their product by using digital marketing. They can invest less and earn more. Various reports and sources also indicate that brands are working on video content marketing. Videos have brought greater ROIs and loyal customers to various companies. If you have a small business or if you are a rising influencer, you can easily use plenty of free video editing tools and continue with video marketing.
About Marching Ants
Data drives us. We process the data to generate information that leads to the discovery of a more targeted audience. We then utilize that information to set up a tailored campaign that will entice the end consumers to make an impulsive buying decision. Just ping us and our Ants will start crafting a campaign that will rocket your brand recall. We take care of all digital marketing solutions for your brand, may it be owned media management or paid media solutions. Digital Marketing Agency in Nepal.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorPrabodh Shiwakoti
Joined: February 2nd, 2021
Articles Posted: 1