How To Install A Garage Door
Posted by Secure for Sure on February 19th, 2021
Installing a sliding garage door can seem complicated. But, if all the steps are followed in an orderly manner, it is a straightforward process that we can carry out ourselves without any problem. These are some steps that help you in garage door installation.
1. The first step is to measure the gap where you will install the door. It would be best to have these clear measures to avoid any problem with the door you decide to buy.
2. The next task to be carried out is to mount the sub-frame, that is, the two vertical metal bars joined to another horizontal one that will function as a fastening lintel. It must be plumb with the help of wedges and a level, and it must be pointed out where it will have to be drilled later to hold it.
3. Now it's time to assemble the mainframe. For this, the frame's vertical and curved guides must be mounted, which must be attached to the verticals of the sub-frame, and the rear bar that gives the structure a 'U' shape. The final result should be in the form of a goal once the guides are attached. In this step, you must use a level and a ladder.
4. Next, it is time to place the rear bar to square the corners. This step is essential because if the structure is not impartial enough, the panel can rub against the guide and prevent the door from rising. To do this, you have to attach the directions to the ceiling.
5. All the way. Before entirely positioning the vertical frames, it is vital to check that the door will travel from top to bottom inside the vertical guides. You also have to make sure that there is the same distance throughout its length.
6. The next step is to put the braces that go to the ceiling. You have to use some angles already drilled and in the shape of a 'T' that is fastened to the roof, and you must use the meter to place them. These will square the hole so that it does not miss-square the door. You can use expansion screws to secure them when the ceiling is made of concrete.
7. The next thing will be to place the shafts and bearings on the vertical rail. You will need the help of a screw-driver. It is necessary to establish the ends of the pole in the lateral directions and fix its central support. You also have to place the sealing rubbers. It is required to assemble the panels and fastens the hardware to their hinges. It is essential to leave some slack with the wheels when laying on top of each other.
8. Finally, it remains to press and calibrate. The cables must be passed through the pulleys and held so that the springs have adequate pressure. The wires will be tight to the rollers. It only remains to push up all the side panels and check them.
Hire “Secure for Sure”; the Best Garage Door Replacement, Garage Door Maintenance, Garage Door Installation & overhead Garage Door Repair Services in Jenkintown, Norristown, Skippack, Pottstown, Villanova, Lansdale, Sellersville, Ambler, Dresher & surrounding cities.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorSecure for Sure
Joined: August 11th, 2020
Articles Posted: 87
More by this author