Medical Freezers And Its Accessories
Posted by dawson12 on March 18th, 2015
What do you know about medical freezers?
Selecting the right medical freezers has become a vital decision in today's laboratory. Medical freezers are necessary pieces of equipments that include medications, vaccines, blood samples and bones to be preserved in a perfect condition in any health care environment, like-laboratories, hospitals and also pharmaceutical applications. It differs from size to size and from shape to shape. Energy efficiency, quick cooling as well as easy access are the official marks of a medical laboratory freezer. They are used in a variety of clinical as well as life science applications.
Temperature of medical freezers
High quality freezers are designed for temperatures at or below -15 degrees to -45° C while standard quality freezers are designed for temperatures around -5 degree range.
15 Features of Medical Freezers and its accessories
- A security lock on the door should be there as security is a very important matter.
- Air-cooled refrigeration system
- An environment-friendly freezer
- Stainless steel construction on the exterior as well as interior
- Solid or glass doors
- Front ventilation as well as Back wall evaporator
- Microprocessor temperature regulator
- Two epoxy resins-coated wire shelves
- Programmed self-regulating defrost after every 6 hours
- Portable internal storage configuration (shelves and drawers cannot be changed)
- Lockable controller so that the set points cannot be accidentally altered
- Exterior Light-Emitting Diode(LED) digital temperature display is available in user-programmable F or C
- Magnetic gasket door closure used to make a joint fluid-tight.
- Heavy-duty edge-mount self-closing flexible anatomical joints
- Remote alarm system settings- User-programmable audible and visual high or low alarms
Do’s and Don’ts of Medical Freezers and Its Accessories
- Do not keep vaccines which have expired.
- Never keep drugs.
- Unless required, avoid closing and opening the door of the freezer frequently.
- Don not fix the plug to the socket loose rather fix it permanently.
- Do not keep anything in the freezer for more than a month.
- The thickness of frost formation should not be more than 6 mm.
- Vaccines, blood samples and medications should be preserved tidily in individual stacks.
- There should be sufficient space between each stack for circulation of air.
- Defrost frequently.
- Should be used for the purpose of a voltage stabilizer.
- It is advised to use vaccines or medications with an early expiry date or received earlier.
- Read the stem thermometer from time to time (at least two times a day)for checking the temperature.
- Always keep the equipment level.
- Take immediate action if the temperature is not conserved within the prescribed limit.
- The room where the freezers have been kept should be in a well-ventilated room.
- Always keep the equipments locked and open it only when it is necessary.
- Separate stem thermometer should be kept among the vaccines.
- Polish the hinges and also the locks of the freezer with grease or oil at regular intervals.
- Keep all the equipments in a cool room away from direct sunlight as well as minimum 10 centimeters away from the wall.
If you are looking to buy new medical freezers and other equipment visit Cooler Store. This online store has to offer latest when it comes to lab refrigerators, storage systems, freezers and more. Visit store at http://www.cooler-store.com/