What is the principle used in the initial airless spraying?
Posted by luxi on March 15th, 2021
Airless spray can be divided into hot spray, cold spray, electrostatic spray, air subsidy and other types. The development of airless spraying technology and equipment is very closely linked.
(1) The initial airless spraying uses a gear pump to pressurize the paint, but the pressure is not high, and the atomization effect of the paint is not good at room temperature. In order to make up for this defect, the paint is preheated and then sprayed under pressure. This method is called thermal spray airless spraying. Due to the large size of the equipment, the use is restricted and has not been widely adopted.
(2) Later, a plunger pump was used to pressurize the paint, the paint pressure was high, the atomization effect was good, the paint did not need to be heated, and the operation was relatively simple. This method is called cold spray airless spraying. The spraying efficiency is high, the paint mist splash is less, and a thicker coating film can be obtained. It is most suitable for large-area spraying on large workpieces, so it is widely used. On this basis, preheating the paint to spray high-viscosity paint and high-solid paint can improve the atomization effect, improve the decoration, and obtain a thicker coating film.
(3) Electrostatic airless spraying is a combination of airless spraying and electrostatic spraying. It gives full play to the characteristics and advantages of the two and improves coating efficiency.
(4) Two-component airless spraying is a new method developed to adapt to the spraying of two-component coatings.
(5) Air-assisted airless spraying absorbs the advantages of air spraying to improve airless spraying. The spraying pressure is low, only about 1/3 of the ordinary airless spraying pressure.
Taihzou LUXI, as a long-standing manufacturer and supplier of China spray guns, provides customers with high-quality products and services.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorluxi
Joined: December 9th, 2019
Articles Posted: 11
More by this author