What Does Dandeli Offer as a Tourist Attraction?
Posted by arun on May 19th, 2015
When it’s the time for holidays, adventure holidays, trekking, wildlife visits these days are gaining ground. Children or adults prefer visiting such places where they have loads of activities to do. India is otherwise very diverse in it’s attractions for Indians, as well as tourists or visitors from foreign countries. Once such attraction is South India. South India not only boasts of hill stations or scenic places, but is also replete with greenery, wildlife, bird sanctuary, beaches, etc.
Dandeli is one such tourist destination located in the district of Karnataka visited by many people every year to spend their holidays. There are numerous tourist places to visit around Dandeli. Here below are mentioned a few–
• Gokarna – Located in the Uttara Kannada district, Gokarna is known for its temples and pristine beaches.
• Goa- Land of beaches, and by large the ultimate destination which attracts thousands of tourists all round the year. People flock to this destination to bring in the New Year’s too.
• Vengurla- A beach town located along the Konkan coast. Quite known for its alluring beaches.
• Murudeshwar- Famous for the second tallest statue of Lord Shiva – the town is located in Bhatkal.
• Badami- Known for its rock temples, the city was once a capital of the Chalukyas.
• Hampi- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, was once the capital of the Vijayanagar Empire. History lovers flock here to get an insight on the Indian Culture.
Dandeli – A Tourist Hotspot
Dandeli tourist attractions offer a range of activities that one can pursue. It offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where singles, couples, friends, families, etc. feel detoxed from the day to day routine.
Situated on the banks of the River Kali the place offers a number of water activities like–
White water rafting – the first of its kind in South India
Kayaking – involves in use if a kayak with personnel specialized in the same for guiding.
Coracle Ride – coracles are primitive bowl shaped boats. Ride in a coracle gives a glimpse of crocodiles!
River Crossing – for the more adventurous types, there is river crossing using a harness and a rope.
Natural Jacuzzi – here one can experience the natural Jacuzzi massage from the spilling water of River Kali. The water that cascades down is clear, playful & crystal clear.
Nature lovers can get to nurture their intense love for nature by the breathtaking views of deep valleys, dense forested hills and also and bird sanctuaries. Birdwatching at Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, one gets to see Pompadour Green pigeons, Magpie Robin, Woodpecker, Cuckoo, Crested Serpent Eagle, Jungle Babblers and much more. While on a Jungle safaris one also gets to see nature, animals, butterflies.
Besides these Dandeli tourist attractions also include Sykes Point, Cavala Cave, Shiroli Peak, Supa Dam, Magad Falls, Ulavi Channabasappa Temple, etc. The peaks welcome activities like trekking, rappling, mountain biking, etc.
For an exciting holiday, there are many tourist places to visit around Dandeli. It is sure to get your adrenaline rushing!