How to Use Puppy Training Pads and a Pen the Right Way?
Posted by Brenda Ana on March 27th, 2021
How Important Is to Teach Your Pet to Use the Puppy Pen?
Having a small puppy and taking care of it will be one of the best experiences that you can have in your life. And one of the most important activities that you need to plan is the training of your little pet. There are 2 mandatory types of training that you should plan for. You need to train your pet to stay in the puppy pen when needed. And it must also learn to use the puppy training pads. Each one of these processes will not only help your pet but will also be easier for you to take proper care of it. For the first type of training, there are several advantages that you will get.
• It will be safer for your pet. A puppy is so small that can be easily harmed in many different situations. You can harm it without wanting to. So, you should keep your pet in a pen while you focus on other tasks and especially at night. You should never sleep together with a puppy. If you move in your sleep there are high chances that you will harm it. For this reason, a puppy pen is mandatory for the well-being of your pet. And it will also help you in the future if you want to train it to stay in crates and cages.
• It is harder to train a grown dog. A puppy is very easy to train. But the same can’t be said for an adult dog. It already has a learned behavior, and it will be much harder to change that. Even the use of puppy training pads will be limited. So, instead of wasting a lot of your time in the future, you can start the training now and have an easier time. And you can also implement both types of training at the same time.
• It is more pleasant to train a puppy. The last reason for which you should start the training of your dog early is the fun that you will have. For most people, it is funnier to train a puppy than an adult dog. You may consider it a chore to train your adult dog to use a crate. But that will never happen while training a puppy.
Which Type of Puppy Pen Is the Best Alternative for Your Pet?
The next thing that you need to know is the type of puppy pen that is better for your pet. There are several types of pens on the market, and they have different purposes. So, before you buy one, you need to do some simple research and consider your needs as well as those of your pet. There are 3 main types of pens that you will be able to find on the market.
• Pens for outside raising. If you have a house with a garden, then you may want to raise your puppy outside. In that case, then you should research more about the pens created for this purpose. In many cases, they are made from metal or other hard materials that will prevent them from being damaged. They also have higher walls to prevent your puppy from easily escaping. The safety measures are higher because the outside world is more dangerous for your pet.
• Pens for inside raising. The second type of pens that you can find is those created for inside-the-house use. Meaning that you will rise your puppy inside your house. The main characteristics of these pens in the more fragile material, such as plastic or wood, and the smaller amount of safety measures. Of course, your pet needs to stay in the puppy pen and not be able to easily escape. But there is no need to keep it safe from outside interference. You should also use the puppy training pads together with this type of pen.
• Mixed pens. The last types of pens that can be found are the mixed ones. Even if you want to raise your puppy outside, the weather may not allow you to do that. For this reason, you can use a mixed pen that can be used for both purposes. So, if the weather is bad, or you simply want to spend more time in the house with your pet, then you can do so. But you can also keep it outside and train it for garden living.
How Should You Train Your Pet to Use Puppy Training Pads?
The second type of training that your puppy needs are to learn where to take care of its physical needs. This type of training is also quite easy. All you need to do is to make sure that the steps and advice mentioned below are followed. If you do that, then you will be able to train your pet to use the puppy training pads in no time.
• Make sure the pen always has a usable pad. It does not matter if you raise your pet inside the house or outside it. You should start your training with pads. So, you need to make sure to put a pad in the pen. Even if you raise your puppy in the garden, you do not have to have the inside of the pen filled with the waste of your pet.
• Choose a location that does not create inconveniences. If you train your pet inside the house, then you should also train it to use the puppy training pads in a fixed location. If it is still small, then you can choose multiple locations. That will make it easier for your pet to reach the location of the pads.
• Take a pad with you when you take the puppy for a walk. The last step that you should follow is to take a pad with you while you walk the puppy. Keep in mind that regular walks and exercise are necessary for your pet. And while you cover this need, you can also prepare your pet for future training where it will take care of its physical needs while you take it for a walk.