QuickBooks Scan Manager not Working? Here's What to Do
Posted by Emily Miller on April 7th, 2021
QuickBooks Scan Manager is a tool used to add bills, sales receipts, invoices, and other transactions in the QuickBooks application. The Scan Manager tool also helps in importing and categorizing transactions in QuickBooks. Since Scan Manager is an important tool in QuickBooks, you would want to immediately avoid or fix any scan manager-related error. Are you facing any errors related to QuickBooks scan Manager? If you don’t know the solution to the error message ”QuickBooks Scan Manager not working”? Read the article below to find the complete instructions to resolve the error in the shortest time possible.
Solution to fix QuickBooks Scan Manager Error
The QuickBooks Scan Manager error sometimes gets triggered by the incorrect setup of the Scan Manager tool. Follow the steps below to correctly set up the Scan manager tool again:
Step1: Recreate the scan Profile for QuickBooks
1. In the QuickBooks application, click on the Company menu.
2. Go to the Documents option under the company menu.
3. In Documents, click on the Doc Center option.
4. Next, select the Scan a Document tab.
5. Choose an appropriate scan profile, then click on the Continue button.
6. Now, make the required changes to the profile setting and click on the Save button.
7. QuickBooks will apply the changes you made after clicking the Save button. Note: the scanned document’s default location is the folder where the QuickBooks Company Files are stored.
Step 2: Set up and test the QuickBooks Scan Manager in all modes
1. First, select your scan profile in QuickBooks Scan Manager.
2. Then click on the Select button.
3. After that, click on the Scanner Setup Wizard option in the Select Scanner window.
4. Your scanner should appear in the Current Selection field.
a) Choose your scanner in the current selection field.
b) if you don’t see your scanner in the current selection field, click on the Yes option under the “would you like to download the latest scanner database from Nuance” field.
c) Then, click the Next button.
5. Select the mode that you would like to use to set up and test your scanner. If you are not familiar with the scanner's setup and testing, we suggest using the Normal mode.
6. Then check-mark the Performance Tests check-box and click on the Next button.
7. Choose the test you would like to run for the scanner.
8. Now click the Next option twice, and this action will start testing the scanner you have selected.
9. Checkmark the Repeat this test in order to check all modes check-box in scanner setup wizard window.
10. Lastly, if you want to keep testing the scanner in all other modes, click on the Next button.
If you still have any doubts related to "QuickBooks Scan Manager not working" error, dial (855)-526-5749 to consult a QuickBooks professional.
You have to read this Article also Everything You Need to Know About QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll for Accountants
About the AuthorEmily Miller
Joined: April 7th, 2021
Articles Posted: 1