Opting for a plastic products making machine
Posted by Amelie Parker on April 16th, 2021
Machines manufacturing plastic products for specific industries are called plastic molding machines. They involve molding heated plastic to create desired shapes. Plastic molding accommodates a few types of molding techniques that are discussed below:
1) Injection Molding – This involves injecting molten plastic into a metal mold to create products such as disposable syringes and other medical tools. Plastic or syringe injection molding machines can also employ different types of thermoset or thermoplastic molds according to product requirements.
2) Rotational Molding - It involves pouring liquid or powdered resin onto a metal mold to create even-walled, hollow plastic products through constant rotation.
3) Blow Molding – This process involves blowing air into hot plastic to design thin-walled, hollow plastic products.
4) Compression Molding - This technique employs pressing molten plastic into a mould to create desired shapes of plastic products.
5) Extrusion Molding – It uses a die cast instead of a mold and squeezes out hot plastic through the same to create the required products.
6) Thermoforming – This method employs heating, molding and shaping thermoplastic raw materials to design the final plastic products.
Parameters to choose a specific plastic molding machine
1) Product Type – Understanding and deciding the plastics products that you intend to produce is a vital factor in deciding what machine to go for. Estimate the product quantity and quality requirements. Check for product measurements. If product type and machine type compatibility falters, there will be added disadvantages such as quality default, time and cost issues and mold damage.
2) Machine Type – Molding machines are primarily classified into three types based on driving system factors, namely – Hydraulic, Electric and Hybrid molding machines. Choosing a type will depend on your list of priorities. If you are seeking, higher injection pressure rates or resistance to wear and tear, Hydraulic is the perfect candidate. If you prioritize low energy consumption and are looking for a cost-effective type that ensures product consistency, Electric injection molding machine is the answer. Hybrid employs a combination of hydraulic and electric driving forces and is a perfect choice if design flexibility, cost-efficiency and accuracy are your top concerns.
3) Tonnage Requirements – Calculating clamp tonnage, average cavity pressure, mold size and weight is a vital requirement. In case, you do not understand the measurements or are unaware about how to go forward with the information, consulting an experienced plastic injection molding machine manufacturer can prove to be beneficial.
4) Injection Unit Size – To select the correct unit size, one must have knowledge about the type of plastic raw material used, cycle time, cooling time, injection rate, shot weight and capacity. The proper assessing of the above requirements will ensure proper quality-assurance.
Once you are aware and informed about all the above mentioned parameter specifications, the process of choosing the right plastic molding machine will automatically become relatively faster.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorAmelie Parker
Joined: March 11th, 2019
Articles Posted: 41
More by this author