How to sign up as a driver for Uber
Posted by John Smith on August 25th, 2015
Uber Technologies is an American international transportation network company which has brought an evolutionary change to the transportation industry through its business model. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through the Uber mobile app, Uber has started the successful disruption of the taxi cab industry across multiple countries.
Uber's business model is unique and is quickly expanding globally. Uber is creating more business for Uber partners and drivers and generating new streams of income for drivers. The Uber trend is growing in many countries all over the world.
Uber is modeled such that only Uber partners and drivers can tap into its service and connect to Uber passengers/riders. The Uber service utilizes dispatch software to connect the nearest Uber driver to the Uber rider’s location. The Uber service is a cashless solution: It charges for every ride directly using the credit card registered on the passenger’s account. Uber has various services, and one of its more popular service is the uber black service denoted by the uber black car.
Anyone can become a Uber partner by simply downloading the Uber Partner app and Signing Up here. Uber services which can be signed up for are as follows:
- UberX: The cheapest Uber service with 4 riders. Cars are 2005 or newer(depending on city)
- UberXL: Max of 6 passengers service. SUV or Minivans
- UberPlus/UberSelect: Luxury sedan with max of 4 passenger.
- UberPool: Using this service you can share your ride and split the cost with others
- Uber Black Car: Uber’s executive Luxury service. This is a premium service denoted by uber luxury black cars.
The vision for the Uber Technologies is "Car sharing" by 2024 which implies that "everyone is everyone’s private driver". To become an Uber driver, the following requirements must be met:
- Your minimum age is 21 years old
- You must have access to a four-door car that is year 2005 or newer (depending on city)
- In-state auto insurance with your name on the policy
- In-state driver’s license, licensed for at least one year
- In-state plates with a current registration (commercial plates are acceptable as well)
- Clean driving record
- Pass a background check from the Police Department
Other screening exercises may be undergone depending on the city of residence, and as determined by the uber business model.