Why Canít You Raise a Cat Indoors Without a Top-Quality Cat Scratching Post?
Posted by Brenda Ana on May 19th, 2021
What Will Happen to Your House If You Do Not Have a Cat Scratcher?
Taking care of a cat as an indoor pet is a big responsibility and requires a lot of time and effort. But it is also a very rewarding experience if you do it properly. The first thing that you should know is the importance of a cat scratcher. There are many types of supplies that you will need to provide for your cat. And although the cat scratching post is not a mandatory one, it is in your best interest to find a top-quality one. Firstly, you need to know some things about your cat’s scratching habit:
• Your cat can’t stop scratching things. A cat can't get rid of this habit. All the cats in the world will regularly scratch things to sharpen their claws. It is in their instinct to do so. And you need to adapt to this and make sure that your home does to suffer the consequences of this habit. But you do not need to worry too much. All you need to do is to find a top-quality cat scratcher and every problem relate to this habit will be solved.
• Forcing your cat to stop scratching will harm it. The only thing that you should never try to do is to force your cat to stop catching things. The claws of a cat will continue to grow, similar to your nails. The difference is that if your cat does not sharpen them by scratching, its claw will grow until they start harming its paws. And obviously, you do not want to harm your pet in any way. So, you should never force a cat to stop scratching. You need to adapt and provide it with a cat scratching post.
• You do not want to let your furniture become the victim. As mentioned above, if your cat does not have a tool that it loves to use, then your home will be the one that suffers. In most cases, the furniture in your house will be the target of scratching. And that will not only negatively impact the aspect of your house, but it will cause you a lot of financial losses.
How Can You Make Sure That Your Pet Will Use the Cat Scratcher?
Now that you know why you must buy a cat scratcher for your pet, you should also know what type you need to get. There are many instances where a cat owner got a scratcher, only to discover that his cat never uses it. And yes, that is very possible. There are several requirements that you need to consider while choosing a scratcher. Only if all of them are fulfilled can you be sure that your pet will use the tool.
• Stability is essential. The most important characteristic of a cat scratching post is stability. If the tool is not stable enough, then your cat will not use it. Why? Well, it will most likely try it, but its instincts will provoke fear caused by the instability. As a result, it will not use it a second time. It will start to look for better alternatives. For this reason, you need to make sure that the shop that you frequent is a reliable one that only sells top-quality pet supplies.
• Make sure that your cat can also stretch. Another thing that you should know about the scratching habit of your pet is the fact that it also loves to stretch while scratching. So, you need to make sure that the size of the tool is big enough to allow your pet to stretch as much as it wants. If the size is too small, then your pet may find a better alternative in your home. And that’s something you need to avoid at all costs.
• Choose the cat scratcher after you measure your cat. As you can imagine it is essential to measure your pet before you choose the cat scratching post. If you go to a street shop, then you may not need the perfect sizes because you will be able to see and get an idea of the size of the tool is big enough. On the other hand, if you do your shopping online, then you should measure your pet and look only for the tools that are big enough for your pet.
How to Find a Top-Quality Cat Scratching Post Online?
Nowadays, it is a much better alternative to get all the pet supplies from a reliable shop. There are many reasons for this. The most important ones being saved time and effort, and the reasonable prices that you can find online. So, it may be a good decision to also buy the cat scratching post online. But before you buy anything, you should follow the steps below to ensure that the tool you choose is the best one for your pet.
• Check the online reviews on the scratcher. The first thing that you should do is to check the online reviews of the scratchers. If most of the cat owners that bought it complain about their pets not using it, then you should avoid it as well. Try to find the options that have the best possible reviews.
• Make sure that the dimensions of the tool fit your pet. The next step that you need to take is to check the size of the scratcher and compare it with the size of your pet. From the top options that you found, find the ones that meet the size requirements of your pet. Even if you end up not buying from that particular shop, you can still keep in mind the brands and models of tools that your pet may need.
• Make sure that the shop is a reliable one. The last thing that you need to do is to check the reliability of the website. Even though there is massive competition online, not all the shops that you may find are reliable. Keep in mind that you will most likely frequent the same shop in the future. So, make sure that it wants the wellbeing of your pet over the profits it can take from you.