Identifying the Best Painting and Decorating Company in London
Posted by Mantas Maciulis on October 14th, 2015
Though it might be fun to paint and decorate your house in London by yourself, let’s face it—you probably don’t have time for such a laborious project. So many things can go wrong along the way, too, and you might not have the skills and tools to deal with unexpected issues. Hiring a professional painter can certainly take the stress out of the equation, but finding a reliable painting and decorating company is London can be tricky. The following tips should help:
1. Ask around for referrals from neighbours and friends who recently had their house done. You can also go online and simply search for painting contractors in London, and then use third-party review sites to know more about their reputation.
2. Get estimates from three to five painting contractors. These estimates should fall within the same range. If a particular quote differs widely from the others, contact the company. If their bid is higher, ask what extra services they are providing. If their bid is much lower, ask them why they can afford to lower their prices. Painters with suspiciously low estimates may cut corners or charge for hidden expenses later.
3. Talk to them. Always ask the following questions:
How long have you been providing painting and decorating services in London?
Do you have all the required licenses and insurance?
Are you a member of relevant associations?
Do you do the projects yourselves, or to you subcontract them?
Can you offer guarantees?
Can you provide several references?
What products will you use?
4. During your meeting, be specific about what painting and decorating services you need. Walk the potential contractor around the indoor and outdoor areas you want them to paint while talking about your expectations. Some factors could affect the price—don’t be shy to ask. Exactly which surfaces do you want them to paint? All walls, mouldings, trims, and ceilings? What finishes and paint colours do you want?
5. Also during the meeting or visit, pay attention to the behaviour of the potential contractors. Assess if they have project experience and professionalism. Are they business-like and courteous? Are they truly listening to your requirements and expectations?
6. Check their references. Speak to the customers they dealt with in the past directly. You can also visit the past projects so you can evaluate for yourself the painter's work and check if it held up well over time.
About the Author:
This article is written by Christine Huc, who is associated with Capital Painter. Capital Painter is a leading residential painting and decorating company in London. They have experienced and detail-oriented painters and decorators to provide a complete range of painting facility that include interior as well as exterior painting services.
About the AuthorMantas Maciulis
Joined: September 14th, 2015
Articles Posted: 42
Store Bitcoin and a Earn Passive Income
Miny CC allows you to store your Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum on their platform and pays you 10%-19% in monthly returns based on your stake.
Get Paid to Write Reviews!
BravoCoin is a review app that pays its community for writing & rating reviews of restaurants, hotels, services, movies, video games & more. Signup and claim 10 FREE Bravo coins!
CryptoBits - Welcome to the World of Crypto!
Explore the world of Crypto and learn to invest and earn, play games and become a part of the decentralized world today!
Passive Income - Effortlessly | Honeygain
Honeygain is the first-ever app that allows users to make money online by sharing their internet connection.
Earn Crypto with the COIN App!
Earn crypto on your Android or iOS Smartphone! Signup through this link and receive 1,000 free coins!
KuCoin | Cryptocurrency Exchange | Buy & Sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more
KuCoin is the most advanced and secure cryptocurrency exchange to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, TRON, USDT, NEO, XRP, KCS, and more. KuCoin also provide Excellent Support, Maker & Taker Transaction Fees, Open API