Why Do People Fail at Working From Home?
Posted by Nick Niesen on October 28th, 2010
Excellent question! There are many reasons why people fail when trying to start working from home. As a Work At Home website directory owner I have tried my best to understand this very important question over the past couple of years.
Here is what I have discovered:
* People more times than not get scammed by jumping into the first program that offers them the most for the least amount of effort.
* Many times the same people will join a program when they do not have the skill sets to do the work required of them.
* In some cases people will join programs whereby they do not feel comfortable doing what is required of them.
* In most cases people search the Internet for fast income doing no upfront research, which in my opinion is the kiss of death.
* In some cases people will join good programs, only to later call them scams, when they are not willing to neither try nor do the work required to get paid.
* Some people will get into a viable work from home program, but do not exercise the patience while performing the work to get paid. They quit just before the start having success.
* Many times people think that it has to be a free program to get any benefit. They often ask, "Why should I have to pay someone to work for them?" I respect that opinion, but many times work at home programs offer a guiding hand that will enable you to avoid common failures and minimize the time it takes to start earning money. It's like picking up a self-help book on a project. It's well worth the money in my opinion for a good program.
* Many people want something for nothing. I'm sure many of you remember the paid to surf programs. If you got in early you got paid, but in the end they all failed miserably.
How? Let's take look at the items above one-by-one.
1. We should only join programs after we have either done some research or used a website like mine, but not necessarily mine that has done some research for you. Just because the offer the moon does not mean they are the best. You will have to do some work at home to get paid. Nothing is free! If it seems to good to be true than it probably is.
2. We need to understand what is required of us so we can be sure that we have the skill sets to do the task required. There are many Work At Home programs or Home Based Businesses available so you will be able to find the right one for you. Don't worry.
3. This is very simple don't join a program or take a job whereby you know you will be uncomfortable doing what is required. For example if you don't like talking on the phone then you should not join an at home phone answering service.
4. You must do the necessary research or use a website that you feel confident in that has done some level of research for you.
5. If you are not prepared to do the work necessary you should not join and you certainly should not call the company a scam. At least put for some effort using the step-by-step guidance received from a researched company that matches your work at home profile.
6. Many of these programs require time and effort before you start seeing income. For example if you are looking for fast cash then you probably do not want to start a Home Based Business as they take longer to get up and running yet provide more income in the end. Either way allow time for you to be successful.
7. While there are some free to join programs available, I believe that the guidance from the paid programs is worth the price in time saved. You typically will spend less than it cost to go out to dinner and a movie with a friend one evening so why not invest one evening in yourself. What do you have to lose? Either way the money will have been spent.
8. If you are looking for something while doing nothing DO NOT join any programs. You will not be happy. If you are not willing to put forth some level of effort you will not make a penny. You can set the hours, but you will have to do the work. It's important to understand the free time you have to allocate to working at home.
I challenge you to read this article carefully, because if you do I believe you will have improved your chances for success and quite possibly will have a successful work at home career. Please feel free to read both this article or one of my many others by visiting my link in the resource box below. I always enjoy getting emails pertaining to my articles or my site. Your feedback is important to me.
I wish you the very best.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorNick Niesen
Joined: April 29th, 2015
Articles Posted: 33,847
More by this author