How To Hook Up A Subwoofer In A Car?
Posted by Rushell Kayna on June 16th, 2021
Do you wish to perform a DIY subwoofer hookup installation? This blog provides detailed information about subwoofers and the installation process. Keep scrolling if you want to know more.
Requirements for the subwoofer installation
• Speaker wire - When deciding on a speaker wire, go for a branded, quality wire with good conductors and efficient insulating properties. These speaker wires come wrapped in rolls, and for a medium subwoofer, a 25ft wire length will be enough.
• Amplifier wire kit - Choose a good amplifier wiring kit to ensure maximum benefits. A high-quality kit will include fuse holders, power cables, RCA cables, subwoofer speaker wire, and similar others.
• Manual tools – These include standard hand tools like screws, wire cutters, pliers, saw, wrench, glue gun, utility knife, etc.
• Mounting brackets - This is needed for mounting down the subwoofer box if required.
• Electrical tape – Opt for high-quality tape to ensure better protection and insulation.
• Cordless drills – This is a powerful tool that can serve as a convenient option whenever necessary. The results of a cordless drill are excellent, with smooth finishing and minimum efforts.
Choosing a subwoofer for your car
A subwoofer is a speaker device that produces heavy bass. For installing a subwoofer, you need an amplifier wire kit and RCA cables. The process is similar to installing a car amplifier and speaker. If you a newbie, it may take you a lot of time to install and experiment. However, with the right tools, you can eliminate technical issues and extra trouble. In the case of a factory stereo system, it may take you longer, and the installation may need some additional hard work.
When choosing a subwoofer for your car, it is best to select a car-powered subwoofer for convenience. The benefits to a car-powered subwoofer are many. Some of these are;
• Provides smooth and superior bass without any distortions
• It provides for an improved sound system in a car
• They are comparatively more reliable compared to individual subwoofers
• It effectively takes the load of having to produce very low frequencies from small speakers
• It is an affordable and compact package that makes it easy for DIY car projects
• Size - A subwoofer can be big or small. When opting for sizes, consider the space availability. You can take measurements before making a purchase and choose a subwoofer that fits your desired area best. It is recommended to opt for a large subwoofer if you want to enjoy a wholesome sound experience.
• Box - This refers to subwoofer enclosures. When choosing the enclosure type, you must consider your music genre taste to get a better deal. If you require a better bass for varying music frequencies, opt for a sealed enclosure. Open enclosures are not recommended for individuals seeking a better bass option. You can also select a ported subwoofer enclosure if you listen to trap music, dubstep, and the like.
• Power - Choose a subwoofer with a higher RMS value for better bass option. Consider checking the RMS rating of the amplifier and head unit. To be compatible, the amp and unit RMS rating must be higher than the subwoofer's RMS rating.
• SPL-rating - It is vital to consider subwoofer sensitivity. This refers to the amount of power it needs to reproduce the desired volume. SPL refers to sound pressure level and is an influencing factor when choosing subwoofers. A higher SPL-rate means more subwoofer sensitivity. So, these subs do not need much power to produce higher volumes when compared to low SPL-rated subs.
• Electrical Resistance - This implies to the impedance factor of a subwoofer. To purchase a compatible car-powered subwoofer, its electrical resistance must match the impedance of the amplifier.
How to DIY the subwoofer installing?
All set to perform a DIY car audio project? Here are the guided steps to fix up a subwoofer in your car to receive quality bass.
• Assimilate necessary tools - Bring in all the equipment such as the wiring kit, speaker wire and manual tools. Keep a good-quality amplifier with required power ready.
• Install an amplifier - Fix up the amp wires correctly for a tight fit and put them away to avoid visibility. Next, install a fuse near the battery and connect the remote lead to the remote wire. Ensure safety when performing operations with car parts wiring.
• Put together the subwoofer - Mount the subwoofer into the enclosure and secure with screws. You may attach a grill for added safety. Put the enclosure inside the vehicle and connect it to the amplifier. Adjust the amplifier wiring according to desired power requirements.
• Connect to a signal - Fix in the final connections according to the type of stereo your vehicle has.
• Adjust and enjoy - Adjust the amplifier settings and bass level till you find the right match!
Do you find DIYs a bit challenging? If you prefer to stay on the safe side with professional installation services, check out Hawkeye Security and Electronics.
About the AuthorRushell Kayna
Joined: July 22nd, 2019
Articles Posted: 40
Quality Office Furniture USA Shipped Direct - Madison Liquidators
Nationwide vendor of quality office furnishings including Desks, Office Chairs, Conference Tables, Cubicles and more!
Earn HNT Tokens with a Helium Hotspot!
Pre-Order a Helium hotspot and earn HNT tokens that are redeemable for USD. Set it and forget it!
Lolli: Earn Free Bitcoin When You Shop Online!
Lolli is a rewards application that gives you bitcoin for shopping at your favorite online stores.
Fold - Earn free bitcoin when you shop
Earn bitcoin cashback rewards when you shop at top retailers, including Amazon, Uber, Starbucks, Chipotle, and more. Download the app, sync your payment method and start earning bitcoin today!
CryptoTab Browser - Easy way for Bitcoin Mining | CryptoTab Browser
CryptoTab Browser is the world's first web browser with built-in mining features. Familiar Chrome user interface is perfectly combined with extremely fast mining speed. Mine and browse at the same time!
FREE Android & iOS App - Get Paid to Explore!
The COIN app is a revolutionary new app that pays you to explore the world! Download it today and start earning while you are on the go!