Know the rules before stepping into the ring
Posted by articlelink01 on January 30th, 2016
The development of the sports is far unknown, but sports are one such recreational activity that allows a person to divert their attention from the monotonous mundane activities & offers a chance to indulge them into the entertainment, which have often high esteemed values. Over time, this recreation has gained different perspective & variations, which has resulted in the inventions of new different types of sports & the rules associated with it.
Of course, since there are multi religious cultures around the world, and hence it has resulted in the inventions of variegated type of games & over time, there has been an integration of different types of sports, resulting in the formation of hybrid varieties of games that involves simpler methodologies to play, with simple rules but tricky, complex scoring techniques that adds the element of flavor to the game. In the recent times, another lucid, yet tricky game that grabbed the limelight of sports, especially among the Americans who have shown much gathered enthusiasm & active participation in this sport. Went viral under the identity of Tetherball, the origins of the game still remains an enigma, because rumors goes by that the game was initially originated in the Russia & middle eastern countries where people from Tatar used to tie the heads of their slain enemies & knock it with their mallets for entertainment. Over the time, the sport gained much popularity & became less violent & its influence spread over the world in the form of Tetherball.
Rules to abide for playing the game:
Of course, there are certain restrictions that one must abide by for playing Tetherball, for which open can always search in the internet media as “What is tetherball”. There are numerous rules so as to make the game frame as complex, yet it has some of the simplest rules which are enumerated as follows:
- The fundamental target is to hit the ball & swing it around the pole attached to it, till the entire string loops around the pole.
- 2 players are supposed to play, where one player is supposed to serve & that person has the autonomy to choose any direction for serving the first volley.
- Players must maintain a distinct distance apart from the pole, violating which otherwise would lead to disqualification.
- The server must serve the ball & allow it to make a complete revolution around the pole before the opponent can hit the ball & try to knock it in the opposite direction, so as to score his win.
- While playing, catching the ball by bare hands would result in disqualification from the game & elimination of the match point.
- The player isn’t supposed to hit the ball with any other body parts except bare fingers & palms. Also touching the pole while playing will also result in elimination from the game.
- The call for disqualification can also emancipate if the server tries to score the game by hitting the ball extremely hard so that it makes the string makes a complete loop around the pole, which won’t allow the opponent to score for once.
Tetherball game is relatively very simple to play & since it’s very safe, schools are offering the students to get familiar with sport & learn with eagerness. And it’s doesn’t demand very large space to play, hence it’s quite easy to set up in the backyard. If you’re willing to learn more about the game, visit our website & type “what is tetherball ?” to know in details.