L zone near Dwarka in making under Master Plan 2021 as one of the five sub cities under Land Pooling Policy is to be developed as a smart city. According to the very first demand of smart city, L Zone is located at the place where both human and physical capital is exists in abundance. A location from one side surrounded by millennium city Gurgaon and other by national capital Delhi, the location has all the potential to grow as a mega city of the future.
L zone near Dwarka has following illustrative features of a smart city:-
• Multi Level Governance: A sub city in making, the area under the metropolitan region would be governed by different level of governance, especially, in digitization and electronically.
• Digitized City: The city is infused with technological features to better control and understands its operations and development. The city managers in L Zone will be enabled with varying measures and metric systems for its proper functional activities and works.
• Interconnectivity: By the means of data points and instrumentation, a city’s efficiency can be managed for activities like water and transport systems. This system efficiency is generally achieved by interconnectivity of instruments so that information could flow between them.
• Informed Decision Making: Further, the city due to digitization and interconnection of city’s integral systems paves the path for the informed decision making. As a present day cities are formed of massive pieces of infrastructures, networks and environments, therefore needed to be have a properly central to their operation.
• Services Based: The city for its commercial aspects has been set to be a service based as being close to national capital Delhi as well as out sourcing hub Gurgaon. Service sector would be a prime moving actor of the city.
The residential projects in L Zone Delhi merely are not limited only to Land Pooling Policy and Master Plan Delhi 2021 but have very wider manifestation under smart cities as well.