Get Training from Experts in Australia by Training Visa

Posted by Pathway Education on August 27th, 2021

Get Training from Experts in Australia by Training Visa


This visa is for those who wish to participate in workplace-placed training to enhance their skills in their current job, area of tertiary education, or field of expertise. This Occupational Trainee Visa Australia is for those who wish to receive training and not for those who only intend to work. You must be chosen for the visa by your employer and at least 18 years old. The Training Visa Subclass 407 can be granted for up to two years.

407 Training Visa

For individuals who wish to temporarily travel to Australia to pursue occupational training or professional development, the Occupational Trainee Visa Australia can be used.

This visa includes three types of occupational training:

  • Training in the workplace is required to register
  • Structured workplace-based training for enhancing skills in a qualified occupation
  • Training that encourages capacity building in the overseas


  • Nominated
  • Sponsored
  • Invite others
  • Minimum 18 years old
  • Functional English Language Skills are required
  • You can provide evidence of financial support for yourself as well as any family members.
  • Respect Health and Character Requirements
  • Get adequate Healthcare
  • There are no outstanding debts to Australia\'s Government

Stay length: Up to 2 Years

Cost: AUD 310

Processing Time: 76 days; 90% of applications

Locale: When you apply, you can be anywhere in Australia or abroad

What can you do on this Visa?

This visa is valid for:

  • To participate in workplace-based training to improve your skills in your current job or study area
  • Take part in a program for professional development in Australia
  • If you\'re granted this visa, you may be allowed to bring your family members along. Families can work for 40 hours per week


You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this visa:

  • To participate in workplace-based occupational education, you must be sponsored by an approved sponsor
  • Identify yourself in a nominated Australian organization
  • If your sponsor is an Australian Government agency, you will be invited
  • Meet the requirements for the visa
  • To be able to complete the training and meet OH&S requirements, you must have functional English skills (average IELTS score 4.5 or higher).
  • Have a genuine intent to temporarily stay in Australia
  • Ensure that you have sufficient financial support for your family members and yourself while in Australia
  • Make sure you have enough health insurance coverage for yourself and your family.
  • Meet all health and character requirements. You must have a police clearance if you plan to stay in Australia for longer than one year. You or your family members have been in any country for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.
  • Usually, your age must be 18 years old
  • Before the visa is granted, you must have no outstanding debts due to the Australian government

Australian Training Visa (407) Experts

Our experienced team of Registered Migration Agents will give you clear and concise advice, and will help you every step of your journey towards obtaining your Occupational Trainee Visa Australia.

To ensure that you are properly nominated and sponsored, and to be eligible for workplace training, you must contact us as soon as possible. If you plan to migrate to Australia, our team will help you develop a migration pathway plan.

Read More: Recent Visa Update for Temporary Graduate Visa

Like it? Share it!

Pathway Education

About the Author

Pathway Education
Joined: January 6th, 2021
Articles Posted: 2

More by this author