Five Things to Do on Lake District Tours
Posted by sheratonv on April 24th, 2016
A tour to the UK cannot be complete without Lake District tours. It is not only is the largest National park in England, it is also one of the most eye-catching sites globally. There are many interesting things you can do and beautiful sites to see. You can never just ignore the water because it is very welcoming. A stroll through the parks in the evening is irresistible and the natural ambience is just what you need to rejuvenate. There are many games you can play and joints to grab a satisfying meal and a drink to wet your dry throat. Well, this is what you must never miss doing during guided tours of the Lake District
1. Play On The Water: One would think that it is referred to as the Lake District since there are numerous lakes but you will be surprised to learn that there is only one official lake - Bassenthwaite Lake, others are just ‘waters’. However, in spite of the geographic technicalities, the area has over 5669 hectares of land covered with water which clearly means that you will have a perfect opportunity for swimming. Lake District tours offer a variety of thrilling water sports such as windsurfing, sailing and canoeing. Furthermore, you can try something different.
2. A Walk in the Park: For mountain climbers and travelers, what would be more adventurous than hiking Scafell Pike, Lake District’s highest mountain which is 3210 feet (978 metres). With the appropriate footwear get yourself ready for the mountain challenge. For those who fear the exhaustive mountain climbing, there is no reason to fret because you can enjoy lakeside strolls which are easier to your lungs and thigh muscles.
3. Enjoy Nature: There are plenty of opportunities for you to take snapshots during guided tours of the Lake District. The glamorous natural beauty makes a visit to the Lakes one of the best you could ever have. For example, Foxgloves, the legendary houses of fairies is one of those places you will to watch out for.
4. Play Board games: It usually hard to count on English weather especially on a planned weekend of outdoor activities; as a matter of fact Seathwaite, a village in the Lakes is one of the wettest places in England. However, board game is one of the most enjoyable activities you will enjoy during the tour. In addition, it is you to choose on what delight your family- be it playing board games or reading.
5. Sample The Delights Of A Good English Country Pub: An afternoon spent in the English countryside in one of the local country pub while sampling some local ale would be the perfect way to end your tour.
With so much to see and do, your tour will be special and will stick to your mind for ages.
Enjoy an experience of a lifetime with our guided tours of the Lake District so that you don’t miss a thing. We offer Lake District tours to small and large groups and customize them to suit their specific needs. Contact us today for a trip you will never forget.Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com653,921 total articles and counting.