Teeth Straightening - A Very Useful Teeth Correction Procedure
Posted by Mesa Dental on June 15th, 2022
A procedure that straightens the teeth is referred to as teeth straightening. Teeth can be corrected for many reasons, such as because of a genetic condition or if the teeth were knocked out during an accident. There are two main types of tooth straightening procedures: involving the tooth's jawbone and not involving the jawbone. The first type involves cutting sections from the upper and lower jaws to allow them to move forward, which also pulls on and pushes back on the teeth for correction purposes. The second type is used when part of a person's mouth has to be removed due to cancer or another illness.
What are Teeth Straightening?
Teeth straightening are a procedure that corrects teeth that are not aligned properly. The most common types of teeth straightening procedures are the ones where tooth alignment is achieved by moving the jaws forward or backward, pulling the upper and lower teeth together.
However, there is another method, using appliances to correct misaligned teeth - that does not require cutting, but involves merely attaching braces to straighten your teeth. Braces have brackets and wires attached, which forces the upper and lower teeth to press against each other in order to line them up properly. The treatment can last from 9-18 months. A special tool called a dental mirror is used to see how well your jaw line is matched with the intended line of your smile.
Benefits of Teeth Straightening:
1) Correcting teeth that are not aligned properly.
2) Making your smile more attractive.
3) Letting you chew, speak and smile more easily.
4) Improving your appearance.
The Process of Teeth Straightening:
A straightening procedure is performed under general anaesthesia in which a tube is inserted into your throat and air pumped in to make you unconscious during the time period that your teeth are being reshaped. The process involves cutting sections from the upper and lower jaws to allow them to move forward or backward, which also pulls on and pushes back on the teeth for correction purposes. Once the necessary adjustments have been made, you can return home after 12 hours with temporary stitches.
Teeth Straightening Procedure Types:
Teeth straightening are a procedure that involves cutting the jawbone to pull your teeth into alignment and correct misaligned teeth. These procedures are designed to correct the alignment of the upper and lower teeth so you can bite, chew and smile more easily.
Things You Will Need Following Teeth Straightening:
1) You will have temporary stitches, which will be removed after one week. The stitches will be dental floss that you tie through your gums every night. After the stitches have fallen out, you will need to wear a retainer to keep the teeth aligned. This can only be removed by your dentist. Some patients may have to get a splint instead of a retainer, depending on the severity of their teeth misalignment.
2) Following teeth straightening, you are not allowed to drink through a straw or chew on ice as this may disturb your new alignment until it is fully healed and stabilized. You must also brush and floss your teeth twice daily in order to maintain good oral health until the braces are removed.
3) Your lips might take some time to adjust and get used to the new shape of your teeth after you go through with this process. This is perfectly normal and should not be of great concern.
4) Avoid smiling too wide for the first few days after getting your teeth straightened. If you feel a little bit of discomfort, do not worry about it unless the pain becomes severe.
5) There is no restriction on foods or beverages following the procedure; however, you can chew on softer food until your mouth gets used to it.
6) You are not allowed to eat hard or sticky food such as candies, nuts, and popcorn while wearing braces because they can get stuck in between your teeth and cause irritation. Instead of eating these foods, try to opt for soft alternatives like applesauce or mashed potatoes with gravy instead.
Teeth straightening are a procedure that will help you achieve the smile of your dreams. If you have been wondering how to straighten your teeth, why not try this effective method and enjoy a bright and beautiful smile!
Meta Dental, Dentistry offers a range of top-quality dental treatment solutions. The Centre offers a wide range of dental solutions that can provide you with the best services. We have a team of highly qualified dentists and highly skilled staff to give you the ideal solutions for all your problems and concerns.
For more information, visit our site: https://mesadentalsd.com/
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorMesa Dental
Joined: October 25th, 2018
Articles Posted: 57
More by this author