Beat the Credit Card Blues: 5 Super Strategies For Breaking Dangerous Spending Habits
Posted by nick_niesen on October 29th, 2010
Many of us consumers continue to struggle to get out from under our credit debt. In fact, the average American is carrying almost $2,500 in credit debt each month. These financial consequences can be critical, and long lasting.
For a consumer paying only the minimum payment of $50 a month on a $2,500 credit card bill, (at the average 16-percent interest,) they are paying off a mere $10 of principal. There's another $40 being added on in interest EVERY MONTH. So in only one year of paying minimums, they still owe $2,380. Now imagine if the credit bill is $15,000 or more...the word dangerous is certainly appropriate.
Want to do things differently? Want to put your debt on a
1. Step away from the counter. Give yourself a time-out when you feel the temptation to make a purchase. For an item over $100, put it on hold, and leave the store. Let the idea sit for 24 hours, and then ask yourself whether you really need the item: the answer is likely "no." For clothing and other purchases, put the item on the 10-minute hold rack. Walk away, get a drink or a snack and decide if you really need it or just impulsively like it.
2. Set goals. Decide how quickly you want to reduce your debt, and how much you can afford to pay down each month - but don't stop there. Set financial goals that involves "positive" incentives, too, such as savings and vacations.
3. Start canceling cards. How many credit cards do you really need?
4. Lower your limits. Save yourself the grief of overspending and not being able to afford it. Most people don't know that you don't have to accept the maximum credit limit that your issuer is willing to provide. Choose the limit that you're comfortable with, and tell your credit card issuer - in writing - that you don't want any automatic increases. That way you stay within your budget.
5. Consolidate. If you're dealing with several cards with debt, look for a financial institution and apply for a consolidation loan. This loan at a competitive lower rate will allow you to make one convenient monthly payment that is far lower than your various cards and will give you a fresh start.
60 Of The Best Blues Backing Tracks
The Most Complete Blues Resource With Backing Tracks Guitar, Tutorials, Videos, Scales Chorts and Instructions
N°1 Top Internet Acoustic Blues Guitar Instructor
These 37 complete lessons encapsulate everything learned from playing as a professional blues player over the past 40 years, and contain everything you need learn to play old style blues guitar in exactly the same way.
A Book of Al Thatcher Card Magic by Gordon Boyd
After Hours Magic: A Book of Al Thatcher Card Magic by Gordon Boyd with contributions by Tom Craven, Stephen Bargatze, Gary Plants, Mike Powers, Dan Block, Steve Beam, Del Copley, Wynn Mertz, Nick Trost (Courtesy of H & R Publishing), Robert Bengel, Evert
Make Rap Beats Online - Sonic Producer
It is now really easy to make rap & Hop Hop beats online with the help of the number one voted beat maker software. You can make rap, hiphop etc beats in minutes.
Learn Piano & Keyboard - Piano For All
Join over 160,000 Happy Students Worldwide. Imagine being able to sit down at a piano and just PLAY Ballads, Pop, Blues, Jazz, Ragtime, even amazing Classical pieces?
Stage Hypnosis Certification
BREAKING! All The Way From Las Vegas, This Revolutionary Program Gives You Everything You Need To Make A Name For Yourself