U.S. Liquid Waste Management Market To Advance At CAGR Of 1.5% By 2027
Posted by rahul nikade on August 4th, 2022
U.S. Liquid Waste Management Industry Overview
The U.S. liquid waste management market size is expected to reach USD 28.9 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 1.5% during the forecast period. Strong odor, unsightliness, and other characteristics associated with waste, such as breeding grounds for insects and pests, have augmented the demand for appropriate processing and treatment facilities of liquid waste.
U.S. Liquid Waste Management Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. liquid waste management market on the basis of waste type, source, service, and states:
Based on the Waste Type Insights, the market is segmented into Residential, Commercial, Industrial.
- Residential waste led the U.S. liquid waste management market and accounted for around 44.2% of the country’s revenue share in 2019. The residential liquid waste is widely treated by the municipality in each state. In addition, the growing residential real estate industry post-recession period is expected to augment the demand for water, thus leading to increased wastewater generation.
- Improper disposal of televisions, solar panels, and batteries in commercial areas coupled with inefficient disposal practices followed in shopping malls, sports complexes, and other commercial buildings are expected to aid the liquid waste generation.
- The demand for premium medical facilities is witnessing significant growth on account of rising geriatric population in the country, thereby augmenting the utilization of water.
- The liquid waste generated through oil and gas, iron and steel, and other manufacturing industries accounts for a majority of the market share in industrial waste generation.
Based on the Source Insights, the market is segmented into Municipal, Textile, Paper, Iron & Steel, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Others.
- Management of liquid waste generated through municipal sources in the U.S. led the market and accounted for more than 69.7% of the revenue in 2019. The origins of waste in the municipal industry include human waste, septic tank discharge, sewage treatment plant discharge, washing water, groundwater infiltrated into sewage, and surplus manufactured liquids from domestic sources.
- The textile industry consumes a significant amount of dyes, chemicals, and about 200 liters of water per kg of textile production. Liquid waste is emitted from this industry; thus, it contains a high amount of toxic chemicals and trace metals such as zinc and chromium.
- Management of liquid waste generated from the automotive industry is estimated to witness a CAGR of 2.5%, in terms of revenue, from 2020 to 2027 as it generates about 75 million ounces of paint sludge per year, mostly dumped into landfills in the U.S. OEMs and automotive aftermarket generate large amounts of liquid wastewater and other similar waste, including engine and motor oils, transmission and brake fluids, and solvents.
- Liquid waste generated from the iron and steel industry contains a significant quantity of acid, dust, oil, and metal particles other than iron and steel. This effluent water or sludge poses a significant threat to the environment as it contains sulfur compounds and cyanide, among other hazardous elements.
Based on the Service Insights, the market is segmented into Collection, Transportation/Hauling, Disposal/Recycling.
- Collection led the market and accounted for around 56.2% of the revenue in 2019. This service includes the collection of liquid waste in the country through pipe networks and transport vehicles. Privately owned liquid waste management companies in the U.S. collect hazardous and non-hazardous liquid waste from industrial and commercial areas.
- Liquid waste is disposed of or recycled in sewage treatment plants or liquid waste treatment facilities privately owned and operated in the U.S. Disposal of liquid waste is done either through direct landfill injection via bioreactor process, solidification, and then landfilling or through a chemical wastewater treatment process.
- Liquid waste transportation service includes the movement of liquid waste from storage areas to the place of recycling and processing. Waste transported by vehicle must be transported under proper observation to avoid spilling and leaking.
- The demand for transportation service is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 2.2%, in terms of revenue, from 2020 to 2027. The transportation of some liquid waste presents a high risk to the environment.
U.S. Liquid Waste Management Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is fragmented, with few major players catering to the U.S. and other North American countries, including Canada and Mexico. Few of the significant players in the market having headquarters in the eastern states on account of the presence of a large number of manufacturing facilities in Texas, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana provide services across the country.
Some prominent players in the U.S. liquid waste management market include
- Clean Harbors, Inc.
- Covanta Holding Corporation
- Stericycle, Inc.
- Waste Management, Inc.
- US Ecology, Inc.
- Republic Services, Inc.
- Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC
- APS Environmental
- Hazardous Waste Experts
- Liquid Environmental Solutions
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Liquid Waste Management Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter