Inhalation Anesthesia Market Size Is Poised To Reach USD 2.4 Billion By 2030

Posted by Neha Bora on October 25th, 2022

San Francisco, 25 Oct 2022: The Report Inhalation Anesthesia Market Size, Share, And Trend Analysis By Drug (Sevoflurane, Isoflurane, Desflurane), By Application (Induction, Maintenance), By End-Use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers) By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030

The global inhalation anesthesia market size is expected to reach USD 2.4 billion by 2030 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.0% in the forecast period, from 2022 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Inhalation anesthetics offer shorter induction period and recovery time along with better efficacy and lesser adverse effects as compared to other alternatives, thus providing better anesthetic effect during surgical procedures. They also provide excellent control over the duration of anesthesia in the patient. Thus, inhalation anesthesia is being preferred over intravenous anesthesia due to these advantages.

Drugs administered through inhalation anesthesia have a quick onset of action even at low dose as compared to intravenous anesthesia. Using inhalation route for administration helps avoid excessive dosage and keeps the patient’s autonomic functions intact. As these drugs are eliminated via lungs, they have lower chances of accumulation in the body. Hence, they result in lower risk of hepatotoxicity. In addition, drugs administered through inhalation route have limited tolerance and addiction level as compared to other alternatives routes.

With the launch of innovative respiratory products such as AnaConDa (Anaesthetic Conserving Device), administration of inhalation general anesthetic agents such as sevoflurane, isoflurane, & other agents have become easier. Inhalation anesthesia is considered to be the best alternative for patients who are on ventilation for more than 24 hours as it becomes easy to monitor the patient’s health.

Major concern associated with anesthetic gas is that only 5% account for patient use and the rest 95% is released in the atmosphere, which leads to greenhouse effect of these gases. The comparative analysis of sevoflurane, isoflurane, and desflurane based on atmospheric time span and global atmospheric concentrations indicates that desflurane poses a high potential threat for environment.

Access Research Report of Inhalation Anesthesia Market https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/inhalation-anesthesia-market

Inhalation Anesthesia Market Report Highlights

  • Sevoflurane held the largest market share in 2021 due to the fact that its pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics leads to many advantages over other alternate inhaled anesthetic agents available.
  • Desflurane, alone or in combination with nitrous oxide or other inhalation anesthetic agents is used in various surgical procedures owing to its rapid onset of action and elimination rate; therefore, driving the segment demand.
  • There have been many complications reported with halothane, for instance, halothane-induced hepatitis; therefore, this anesthetic agent has been discontinued in the majority of the western countries.
  • North America dominated the market in 2021 due to the high demand for sevoflurane and desflurane in the region. Key companies are also undertaking various strategic initiatives that has led to their high revenue growth in the U.S.
  • China is the largest economy in Asia Pacific. It is a country with the maximum population in the world, hence having a large patient pool for surgeries. A large number of surgeries being performed along with the presence of a large patient pool is anticipated to boost the market over the forecast period.

List of Key Players of Inhalation Anesthesia Market

  • Halocarbon Products Corporation
  • Baxter
  • AbbVie
  • Lunan Pharmaceutical Group
  • Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
  • Sandoz International GmbH (Novartis)
  • Fresenius Kabi Ag

Access Press Release of Inhalation Anesthesia Market @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-inhalation-anesthesia-market

Like it? Share it!


Neha Bora

About the Author

Neha Bora
Joined: September 16th, 2019
Articles Posted: 1,209

More by this author