Scanning Electron Microscopes Market Analysis by Current Industry Status till 2028
Posted by Manisha S on November 4th, 2022
The global scanning electron microscopes market size is expected to reach USD 6.5 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 8.52% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for nanotechnology-based research and growing R&D innovation in application areas are anticipated to serve as key growth drivers. Rapid growth witnessed in application areas, such as semiconductors, automobiles, pharmaceuticals, and nanotechnology, globally is among the key factors responsible for the significant growth of the SEM market.
Technological advancements in SEM improves the quality control procedures of research laboratories in a wide range of industries, such as semiconductors, automobiles, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. Scanning electron microscopy plays a critical role in the imaging and elemental analysis of products. However, the advanced SEMs offer advantages, such as rapid analysis, compact size, and efficient results with higher resolution and 3D imaging. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to increase the sale of SEMs.
Due to the growing prevalence of communicable diseases, the market is expected to observe substantial growth over the coming years. Market participants are entering into partnerships and collaborations to prove their technical capabilities. For instance, in November 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. partnered with Nanoimaging Services (NIS)-a provider of Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) services. The partnership helped Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. obtain better accessibility to NIS’s cryoelectron microscopy (cryoEM) technology for pharmaceutical applications and biotechnology.
Scanning Electron Microscopes Market Report Highlights
• Application of SEM in life science is expected to account for a share of 24.77% by 2028 owing to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases leading to increased R&D expenditure and demand for digital microscopes in the fields of life sciences and medicine
• Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 due to the presence of world-class manufacturers in this region and increasing usage of SEM for elemental analysis and imaging
• Growing demand for advanced SEMs for the range of material research is expected to boost the market growth in Latin America, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period
• Mergers & collaborations and product developments are the key strategies being undertaken by the market players
• For instance, in January 2020, ZEISS and RIKEN Innovation entered into a partnership agreement. The partnership was aimed at expediting bioengineering innovations and bringing change in healthcare
The global life science microscopes industry generated over USD 3.36 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% over the forecast period.
Scanning Electron Microscopes Market Segmentation
Scanning Electron Microscope Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
• Material Science
• Life Science
• Other Applications
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players of Scanning Electron Microscopes Market
• Bruker Corp.
• Danish Micro Engineering (DME)
• Thermo Fisher Scientific
• Hitachi High Technologies Corp.
• JEOL Ltd.
• Leica Microsystems
• Nanoscience Instruments, Inc.
• Nikon Corp.
• Olympus Corp.
• Carl Zeiss
Request free sample copy of Life Science Microscopes Industry Data Book @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/sector-report/life-science-microscopes-industry-data-book/request/rs1
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorManisha S
Joined: August 2nd, 2017
Articles Posted: 65
More by this author