Depression and Alcohol - The Dangers That Lurk
Posted by Trust care on December 24th, 2022
Depression and alcohol addiction are both problems that you should look for help for immediately as they potentially can be life-threatening conditions. Together and individually, these two can either destroy or damage your life. Here's what you need to know about being depressed and the connection between depression to alcohol and vice versa. We have the best alcohol rehabilitation centre in Mumbai.
The association between depression and alcohol is so close that it can already be compared to the never-ending query about which came first- the chicken or the egg.Some people claim that they have become alcohol drinkers because of depression, andsome attribute their depression to drinking alcohol.
Whatever your situation, you must know that there is a tie that knits becoming an alcoholic and falling into a state of depression. In either case, you are the victim because these two are dangerous and can cause irreparable damage to your life when left untreated.
The following are five dangers of drinking alcohol when depressed
1. You can easily get addicted to drinking alcohol. Many people who are depressed are more vulnerable to addiction because it can be used as a crutch to survive and escape reality.
2. You'll suffer from the negative effects of alcohol such as losing your control and good judgment, nausea and vomiting, unconsciousness, and even in most serious cases losing your life. Alcohol addiction will lower your self-esteem and self-worth because your behavior while drinking and whilst drink may cause you much embarrassment when you sober up.
3. If you are taking medication for depression it is very dangerous to mix it with alcohol. Medication and alcohol mix can cause blackouts and many other medical problems. Too much alcohol can cause impairment to your organs such as your kidney, liver, and heart. With the deterioration of these organs come a host of diseases that can range from mild to severe and worst life-threatening.
4. Drinking alcohol and getting addicted to it can break your financial stability and can cause you to suffer from financial setbacks. This in turn will deepen your depression and will leave you with no money for essentials such as bills and food.
5. Research shows that alcoholism triggers and aggravates further depression. If you are in a situation right now where you are drinking to cope and escape the harsh realities of life you need to seek help immediately. I don't believe any person can recover from addiction and depression without external help. It would just be too difficult. Many people who are addicted have the best of intentions to quit but the pressure of trying to quit and the pressure of failure are often too much.
Also, we often forget that when we give up an addiction there is a huge void in our lives. After all addiction and depression are full-time jobs and people become experts at being alcoholics and depressives. It takes time and a lot of help and support to replace addiction and depression with a more healthy and productive lifestyle. In my experience, this can take years but guess what recovery is a journey, not a destination to be reached. Please, for your own sake seek help for your addiction and depression.
You can treat depression without having to resort to drinking alcohol and suffering the consequence. Depression and alcohol simply don't mix. We have one of the best rehabs in Mumbai.
As there are many facilities to help and deal with such alcohol and drug-related issues in India, there are many top rehab centers in India where top-notch accommodation facilities are thus provided. Having the basic amenities of air-conditioned rooms and dormitories with the supply of hot water, veg and non-veg food menu, satellite TV, and the availability of indoor games, the rehab centers also have a 24/7 medical and support staff, with a panel of medical and psychiatric staff and also an experienced counseling team with top reputed therapists. One will also have the 24/7 availability of ambulances with clean and modern living areas which would indeed provide positive health being.
Address: Survey No.7, Ashram Road, Yeoor Hills, Thane West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400701
Contact Number: 9167943134
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorTrust care
Joined: April 23rd, 2021
Articles Posted: 257
More by this author