Alcoholism and Hand Tremors
Posted by Trust care on February 7th, 2023
Alcoholism known also as alcohol dependence is an addictive disorder. The risk factors that trigger alcohol addiction are social environment, stress, mental health, age, ethnicity and sex. Long-term abuse causes significant damages to all body organs especially the brain. You can contact us, we have the best alcohol rehabilitation centre in Mumbai.
Long-term alcohol abuse has physical and psychiatric symptoms as:
- Physical - fetal alcohol syndrome in pregnant women, liver failure, pancreatitis, heart disease, epilepsy, sexual dysfunction, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. It can damage the central and peripheral nervous system that can cause hand tremor, visual and cognitive difficulties. Women with alcohol addiction rick developing breast cancer and have reproductive problems. It was found that women have a higher mortality rate due to alcoholism than man do.
- Psychiatric - long term alcoholism causes an entire range of mental problems and 10% of dementia cases are caused by alcohol. Other symptoms are depression, psychosis, confusion, panic, anxiety, and even borderline personality disorder. People, especially women with a history of physical or sexual abuse have a higher predisposition to massive alcohol consumption and develop a psychiatric disorder more easily.
Like any disease alcoholism can be treated and the medications currently on use are:
- Antabuse, that prevents the elimination of acetaldehyde, the natural body chemical in charge of breaking down ethanol.
- Temposil that works in the same way as Antabuse
- Naltrexone that is effectively blocking the effects of endorphins and opiates and it is used to decrease the craving for alcohol.
- Campral that stabilizes the brain chemistry after it had been altered by alcohol addiction
- Topamax, an experimental medication, proved effective in reducing alcohol craving.
Another important part is detoxification, but alcohol withdrawal has its own symptom like anxiety, depression, rapid heart rate, hand tremor, convulsions, and even blackouts. If you know someone who is going through the problem of alcohol addiction, you can take a step and help them out. All you need to do is contact us through our website and we will assist you further. We have a team of professional doctors who will help you in getting successful treatment. We have the best rehabilitation centre in India.
As there are many facilities to help and deal with such alcohol and drug-related issues in India, there are many top rehab centres in India where top-notch accommodation facilities are thus provided. Having the basic amenities of air-conditioned rooms and dormitories with the supply of hot water, veg, and non-veg food menu, satellite TV, and the availability of indoor games, the rehab centres also have a 24/7 medical and support staff, with a panel of medical and psychiatric staff and also an experienced counselling team with top reputed therapists. One will also have the 24/7 availability of ambulances with clean and modern living areas which would indeed provide positive health being.
Address: Trucare Trust – Mumbai, Survey No.7, Ashram Road, Yeoor Hills, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra 400610, India.
Contact Number: +91-9167006990
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorTrust care
Joined: April 23rd, 2021
Articles Posted: 266
More by this author