How to choose the stainless steel seamless pipe correctly?
Posted by zora li on February 28th, 2023
We have used stainless steel seamless pipes many times now, and many customers will encounter many problems when selecting materials. Looking at the uneven prices and related problems in the market, there is no ultimate solution. Here are some tips to share with you, so that you can improve the cost performance of the product when you choose the finished product in the later stage.
1) Take the 304 material as an example: when selecting a steel pipe, it must be determined that the material meets the standard.
1. From the price analysis, if the 304 stainless steel pipe is lower than the general price of 301 material in the market, it must be carefully identified, and it is likely to be faked by other materials;
2) Rolled tubes often have internal thick skin, pitting, and rolled blue lines. In general, these are unavoidable and do not affect the use. But you must choose as little as possible when purchasing, especially when checking the inner surface.
3) When purchasing, you should choose excellent products that have been evaluated by the Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision. Long-term use of word-of-mouth and a good reputation among customers are the most direct and effective way to purchase.
4) Check whether the color of the outer surface and inner wall of the pipe is bright and smooth, and whether the thickness is uniform or rough. Welded pipes generally do not require inspection, and stainless steel seamless pipes are produced by cold drawing or hot rolling. Improper operation during the production process is prone to uneven thickness and cracks on the surface of the pipe, and the surface roughness is generally seamless. The tube is not polished, if there is no special requirement for the appearance, it will not affect the use.
5) Before choosing stainless steel seamless pipes, the use and environment of stainless steel pipes should be considered. For example, welded pipes are generally used for decoration, seamless pipes are generally used for fluid transportation, sanitary stainless steel pipes should be used for medical treatment or kitchens, and thick-walled pipes should be used for pressure; materials above 316 are generally used in acidic and alkaline places or coastal areas area.
Like it? Share it!
About the Authorzora li
Joined: August 16th, 2022
Articles Posted: 137
More by this author