HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR SMALL BUSINESS LOAN?
Posted by Saroj Shah on March 2nd, 2023
A loan can provide a lifeline to your venture. Numerous small businesses in Australia rely on loansto start, run, and grow their operations. There are countless credit instruments available in the market and business owners must make informed decisions while choosing their loans. Even after you get approved for a small business loan, you must follow some essential best practices to make the most of it. Efficient debt management is a critical ingredient for any firm's long-term success. Let's break down the top tips to make the most of your small business loan in Australia!
#1 Choose a Lender Who Offers Flexible Terms
A small business owner may often experience uncertainties and exigencies while running their business. Hence, it is critical to prioritise flexible terms when choosing your loan. Your business performance, credit history, asset ownership, and related factors will affect the terms you get. However, you must try to look for favourable loan terms as much as possible while finalising your choice. A qualified finance broker may help you look for a suitable lender who offers fair terms for your loan. Some examples of flexible loan terms include:
● Paying at an interval that fits your cash flow cycle (like daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
● Having the option to repay the money faster without incurring a significant penalty
● Being able to spend the loan amount on a variety of business purposes
#2 Optimise Your Cash Flow
Effective cash flow management can help you make the most of your business loans. You should deploy financial best practices to optimise your cash flow.
● Regular invoicing: Sending timely invoices will help you get payments faster and repay your lenders on time.
● Timely accounting: Ensure that your accounting requirements are up-to-date. Proper accounting practices will help you detect issues if any. It will also help you stay on top of your repayments while tracking all other accounting metrics.
● Buffer cash: Every business should maintain a buffer cash reserve for emergencies. This cash can help you navigate urgent expenditures and manage debt obligations during crisis periods.
● Cash Flow Forecasting: Businesses can use sophisticated forecasting tools to predict their cash flow situations. These forecasts can help you plan your liquidity and payments more effectively.
#3 Seek Tax Exemptions
Fees and interest charges associated with business loans are often eligible for tax exemptions. If you use the loan amount to cover legitimate business costs, expenses related to it are exempt from taxes in most cases. Therefore, you must ensure that you account for all tax-deductible loan expenses to make the most of your loan account.
#4 Repay More During High-Demand Seasons
Many small businesses have seasonal cycles, earning more money during the peak seasons. You can choose loan terms that allow you to repay larger instalments during the seasonal peaks. This strategy can help you manage your debt in a well-balanced way.
#5 Strive to Increase Your Credit Score
You should make constant efforts to improve your credit score. Timely repayments, consolidation of credit cards, and limiting credit inquiries are some steps you can take for the same. Boosting your credit score will help you when you go shopping for new business loansor seek refinancing for your existing loans.
If you need more assistance with getting and managing your business loans, contact a top-rated broker in Australia today!
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorSaroj Shah
Joined: August 1st, 2022
Articles Posted: 8
More by this author