6 Reasons for Not Attempting Mold Remediation by Yourself

Posted by 1800Flooded on September 15th, 2016

Mold is the biggest problem and a severe side effect of a storm or water accident and people usually consider it as do it yourself project. But the fact is that a DIY approach to mold remediation can be extremely harmful as during your attempt you may aggravate the situation by making it airborne and leaving the mold to settle on other no infected areas too. This may have significant adverse effects on the health of the people. So mold should be dealt very carefully and only professionals should handle the removal and cleaning process.

1800 Flooded has team of expert personnel who are well trained to handle any kind of storm damage or a water disaster. The team will take least time to reach the site stricken by a water accident and take over immediately. They will take charge and clear all water mess and clean up your surroundings only when place looks and smells as it was before the water accident. Molds can settle due leakages or stagnation of water after rain or storm etc. and the team of efficient members of 1800 flooded is always there to help you as you should not attempt to do mold removal yourself and reasons for the same include:

1. The United States Environment Protection Agency (EPA) has given a very clear set of guidelines for mold remediation. According to the document by the agency the building owners should not attempt to do mold removal themselves but call any authorized agency if the infected area is more than 3x3 feet.

2. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification suggests removal through filtration that can be performed by professionals only in an effective way.

3. Improper mold removal can be highly risky so EPA advises you to call a local professional agency to inspect the area affected by mold and carry out a very safe removal of the pollutant without any side effect or further spread.

4. The mold remedy attempt by you can be extremely harmful for health as you may not have all protective gears and may not have all required equipments and technology for removal of highly dangerous mold.

5. People attempting the removal themselves usually use a bleach spray technique for removing the mold but this is not a very recommended idea as it may not clear the mold form the porous area and may aggravate the situation many times if not handled properly and instead of killing it on porous surface chlorine bleach can help to grow it more as it will only clear the mold on the outer surface but as the mold has roots penetrating the pores of the area or the object and water from bleach reaches the bottom while the killer chlorine evaporates leaving only the surface mold to dry.

6. Bleach is toxic and release fumes and a carcinogenic byproduct called dioxin, which is extremely harmful to humans and pets. Over time usages of chlorine bleach sprays pollutes the surroundings and may cause severe health issues.

So whenever you are struck a mold problem call 1800 Flooded for immediate help and proper mold removal and halting in Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Tempe and Gilbert.

About Author:

Ron Morgan is the market representative for 1800Flooded. Call 1800Flooded for water damage repair and restoration, flood-storm damage, and mold remediation in your residential, commercial and industrial locations. Our emergency team will respond immediately.

Link To Directory
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members

Copyright 2019 Uberant.com
595,626 total articles and counting.