Below Mentioned Is A List Of Virus Detection Methods
Posted by Micky Norton on October 28th, 2016
Everyday professional hackers are working on making new viruses that can cause permanent damage to your workstations. The basic work of an antivirus is detecting the potential threats and counter attack that basically ends up ensuring that your system is safe and secure. It completely depends on the nature of the anti-virus how it is going to work. Different antivirus works on different modules.
The avg support phone number from their tech support team is always available to help you in need of any antivirus related issue.
Following are the few ways of detection methods used by antivirus programs:
- Full system scan: In this your entire system is checked and it can be manually be done by the user. The process is very simple and not at all time taking. The antivirus software will always have the option of full scan thus; whenever you find any unusual behavior run a full scan on your system.
- Cloud antivirus detection: This needs internet connection for functioning. A client from your computer collects all the information about the viruses from the cloud and then runs detection. Cloud antivirus detection is not going to run without internet connection.
- Sand box detection: When any program in particular seems to be functioning suspiciously a temporary environment is created for the program to operate. If the behavior seems unusual and destructive than the software gives warning signals to the user about the abnormality so that the user do not run the program.
- Behavior based detection: This check is run when your system tends to erase files, changing settings, getting connected to other computers or any other unnatural activities similar to the ones mentioned above. When an attempt to steal data or information is noticed by infectious malwares this behavior based checks comes in action.
- Virus dictionary detection or signature based: All antivirus software’s are enabled with virus definition file. Well a virus definition file is basically a dictionary or a collection of signatures of all the viruses. Basically this signature helps the anti-virus programs to detect the viruses by trying to match with them. They are considered as one of the best way of detecting viruses. The only drawback is they can’t detect new viruses as they are not enlisted in form of signatures in the data base of the viruses.
- Heuristic based detection: This is the most widely used form of detection done with help of an algorithm. The best thing about heuristic check is they trace the viruses which are new or not yet discovered ones. They also trace the old viruses which are reformed or masked in new forms. Sometimes they might indicate a file as infected one though they might not be.
Out of all the above mentioned detection process particularly full scan is not required on regular basis. Generally when you install anti-virus software or have fixed any issues with your system ideally full scan is suggested after that. Often you might notice that your computer is still slow in spite of having anti-virus this might be happening due to running of more than required number of full scan detections.