Home Equity Loan--Brief Detail
Posted by Nick Niesen on October 29th, 2010
Home Equity Loans
A home equity loan is a mortgage placed on real estate in exchange for cash to the borrower. It is a one time loan on which the borrower is allowed to make monthly payments until it is paid in full. It is a loan secured by equity value in the borrower?s home.
It allows the borrower to borrow money using the equity in the home as collateral. Collateral is a property that is kept as a pledge by the lender that the loan borrowed by a borrower will be paid on time, if the debt is not paid, the lender can sell the mortgage to recover the debt, and usually the home is pledged as collateral for a home equity loan, the borrower may be moved out of the house if the loan is not paid.
The borrowers can get large amount of money with home equity loans. The borrowers are able to deduct home equity loan interest on their personal income taxes.
The repayment time is usually 5, 10 or 15 years, the value of home can increase during this period, the borrower can use this extra money equivalent to the increased value of the home and can finance other requirements like home improvements, education, medical bills and the like. The lenders do not have any right to include this money for loan amount to be paid.
The rate of interest applied to equity loans is much lower than that applied to unsecured loans, such as credit card debt, car loans, student loans and the like.
Home equity tips
1. Understand each and every statement of the loan agreement before signing on it, if statements are not clear; let the lender explain you in vivid manner.
2. Take an advice from a loan expert before taking a decision on home equity loans.
3. Make the mortgage payments on time; if the lender discovers any lapses, the loan may get cancelled.
4. If the lender is not familiar, check with the government agencies to register complaints.
5. Do not get influenced by any extra products or insurance offered by the lenders on taking a loan.
6. After taking a loan, do not let the lenders to offer any extra special services,like refinancing your home equity for low interest rates.
About the AuthorNick Niesen
Joined: April 29th, 2015
Articles Posted: 33,848
Laserless Tattoo Removal Guide
Free Video Reveals Shocking Method To Remove Tattoos Naturally and Safely From Home And Without Laser!
Belly Dancing Course
The #1 Home Belly Dancing Class With 50 Video Lessons That Guarantees Results!
Become a Money-Making Life Coach
Learn how to become a money-making life coach from home using an internationally recognized certification program.
Master Mentalism | How To Do Mentalism Effects & Magic Tricks.
Magic Tricks Revealed | How To Do Mentalism And Magic Tricks Like You See On TV By Criss Angel, Derren Brown & David Blaine.
Stage Hypnosis Certification
BREAKING! All The Way From Las Vegas, This Revolutionary Program Gives You Everything You Need To Make A Name For Yourself
New Comedy Writing System
Learn To Write Comedy Now! Finally An Actual Process For Creating Comedy. Comedian And Tonight Show Writer, Jerry Corley, Has Created A Content-packed, 200 Pg. E-book Writing System To Get You Writing Solid Comedy Almost Instantly.