Choose the perfect incense sticks online by incense discount

Posted by John on December 5th, 2016

Many people who drive their UK registered vehicles in Spain fall foul with the law at great cost. It's also an arduous task to register your UK car on Spanish plates. The services of your expert such as Paul Ripley are necessary. Here Paul has answered the most frequent questions about UK cars in the Spain:

Can I keep my register uk car in spain?
Yes, but you can only keep that and drive it in Spain for at the most 6 months – after that you will need to get it registered onto Spanish discs. Remembering that throughout that time you must make sure that the car remains fully legal using a UK MOT, road tax and insurance for the full period you would like to stay. If you decide not to comments it onto Spanish plates then you must remove the car from Spain while allowed only to drive it in Spain for a few months in any calendar year on BRITISH plates.

Will my UK insurance cover me to use a vehicle in Spain?
Normally yes. However, you should check with your broker or insurance company directly if here is the case. The majority of UK insurance companies give you just 90 days European cover and you will need special cover to stay more time than that period in Spain. Whilst you are allowed to drive your car or truck on UK Plates for at the most 6 months in Spain, the insurance may only cover you for half that period and this point needs confirming with your insurance carrier.

Is the Spanish ITV the just like the UK MOT?
In theory sure. However … a Spanish ITV ‘Certificate of Roadworthiness’ is legal on a Spanish registered car – whilst a UK MOT document, is only legal on UK listed vehicles. There are many UK car owners who believe getting their car checked annually in Spain is equivalent to the UK MOT but it isn’t plus it isn’t legal either. An ITV just isn't a ‘substitute’ for a UK MOT, which can be the legal requirement of having the automobile fully road legal in its region of registration (in this case the particular UK), even though it’s been found in Spain.

Can I register my UK car in with car registration spain?
Yes you can easily, but registering a car in the world is a hugely daunting task although you may be able to speak fluent Spanish. You can’t find information on any website about what direction to go, how to do it and which usually order things need doing – indeed this is a minefield of frustration and bureaucracy. Many that have tried would agree that it is almost impossible for the man in the pub to do it themselves, so you will want to cut the hassle and let us take action for you. That was easy!

What are the results if my UK Road Tax works out in Spain?
Just as in Britain, you would be driving a car which is illegal. But worse than this, if you are driving round Spain with no UK road Tax on your own UK registered car, then your insurance policy is invalidated! So if you get stopped from the Police and don’t have a existing tax disc or insurance – your car could be impounded immediately and you may face a great of 2, 000 Euros or related. It makes sense to tax your car or truck online with the DVLA – or get it registered onto Spanish plates through us all!

I’m in Spain and my MOT is about to expire!
There is only one fashion to resolve this issue – drive the automobile back to the UK (or get it transported) and get it MOT analyzed there for another 12 months. You'll be aware that doing such a thing is hugely expensive nevertheless the only other option you have, is to let us put that Spanish plates for you and you may never have to do it once more! A UK MOT is a legitimate need on UK registered cars, even when you are driving your car in The world. The Police know this also, so prepare to handle the consequences if you get ceased!

What happens if I get stopped from the Police in Spain?
Always be considerate and recognise their authority. It is hugely crucial that you have all your documents with an individual when driving in Spain including traveling license, MOT certificate, insurance documents (with proof payment) and a certified copy of one's passport. Plus you also have to hold other things in your car: fluorescent reflective jackets, spare bulbs, 2 warning triangles and even a spare pair of glasses if you'd like them to drive. These things are usually legal requirements in Spain.

For getting more information about spanish car registration visit the website

Like it? Share it!


About the Author

Joined: December 27th, 2014
Articles Posted: 5,403

More by this author