Jalandhara Bandha For Net Bearer Bond
Posted by yogaasan on January 5th, 2017
Jalandhara Bandha is derived from the combination of the Sanskrit words Jala (net or web), dhara (holding) or Jalandhar( Name of the Rishi called Jalandhar) and Bandha (bond or contracting). It is called as Net-Bearer Bond or chin lock in English.
Jalandhara Bandha is one of the three main Bandhas. In Jalandhara Bandha the network of the nadis (energy channels) of the body is locked. It is described in the Siva Samhita, Hatha Yoga Pradeepika and GherandaSamhita. It helps to activate the Vishuddhi Chakra.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE – NET-BEARER BOND
- Start with sitting in any comfortable position.
- Keep the palms on your knees
- Make sure that your knees should be stretched outwards.
- Now slowly breathe out.
- Deeply inhale and raise the chest.
- Note: hold your breath for at least 10 seconds.
- Without tilting your head, raise the chin as much as you are comfortable.
- Slowly bend forward and push the head and neck to your chest.
- Note: Make sure that your spine should be straight.
- Contract the throat and neck muscles at the same time.
- Place it on the jugular notch, by lowering the chin.
- Note: Try to keep the chin down.
- Look at the tip of your nose.
- Contract the neck and throat muscles continuously.
- Note: your back should be straight.
- Hold in this position for few minutes.
- Exit the pose by rise the chin and neck and come back to the starting normal position.
- By practising this regularly will give the better results.
BENEFITS OF NET-BEARER BOND
- Increases the blood circulation in the throat and adjacent area.
- It is beneficial to parathyroid glands and thyroid.
- Improves the concentration.
- Helps to retain the breath for a long period of time.
- Regular practice can helps to get rid of the double chin problem.
- Stimulates the spinal nerve.
- It helps to awaken the Vishuddhi Chakra.
- Regulates the metabolism
- Cures the throat related problems and diseases.
DO’S, DONT’S & TIPS FOR NET-BEARER BOND
People with the following problem please avoid practising this pose, or practise under the expert’s supervisions and doctor’s advice.
- Neck Injury
- Thyroid problem
- Breathing problems
Practise this yoga daily, will yield the better results.
It’s must to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Always listen to your body, and know your limits. While practise, if you find any pain or discomfort, please exit the pose and ask for the expert’s guidance and doctor’s advice.
For more details about Complete Yoga Asanas, visit their website http://www.yogaasan.com/.Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2020 Uberant.com709,731 total articles and counting.