Learn How To Play Craps
Posted by Nick Niesen on October 26th, 2010
Learning how to play craps is fairly easy, but it can seem a little complicated in the beginning though. If you have ambitions to join a gambling net of craps players or you just want to play craps for fun, there are certain basic rules and strategies that you have to learn upfront.
In addition to pure casino gambling entertainment, the purpose of playing the craps game is
- Rolling a specific number before rolling a 7. The first roll ? referred to as
- ?coming out? determines which number is needed to be rolled again before a seven.
- This number is what we call a point. A point can be a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10.
- If a 7 is rolls before the point, (go home); your wager is lost, (the game is over.) at which time the procedure starts all over again.
Some Basic Bets
The pass line
is probably the most fundamental and the very first bet you should learn. This is the first bet in the craps game and is placed before the come out roll. This bet
If a point is rolled on the come out roll, the pass line bet wins if the point is hit before a seven.
- wins if a seven or 11 is rolled on the come out roll.
- loses if a two, three, or 12 is rolled on the come out roll.
The don't pass line
is the opposite of the pass line bet. This bet
- wins if the pass line loses
- loses if the pass line bet wins.
is placed after the come out roll. Else the same rules apply to this bet as to the pass line bet.
The don't come
is the opposite of the come This bet
- wins when the come bets lose
Bet that a certain number will be rolled before a 7
Such bets are played as "place" and "buy" bets, which means that different numbers have different house advantages and payouts. Here are some more odds:
- 7 rolling: 6 in 36
- 6 rolling: 5 in 36
- 8 rolling: 5 in 36
- 4 rolling: 4 in 36
- 10 rolling: 4 in 36
Bet that a seven will roll before any certain number
Such bets are what we call "place loser" and "lay bets".
This was a little craps game primer. Practice these rules by playing it on the web for a while and get comfortable with the bets. Then you are ready to learn more about the craps casino card game.