The Summer Stage is the annual summer performing arts camp organized by Mainstage Center For The Arts. With an easy online registration, children of all ages can be a part of the camp.
* Theater programs: For kids, aged between 7 to 18 years, who are enthusiastic about dressing up and acting, there are theater programs at the camp, catering to different age groups. Meant to broaden the child’s interest in theater, the programs focus on enhancing their skills in creative dramatics.
* Programs focusing on music and dance: For those with a musical inclination, these programs are the best choices. Usually conducted five days a week, these programs are carried out by trained and experienced instructors who also have extensive experience in working with children.
* Performance camps for kids entering first grade: These are acting camps, singing camps and dancing camps all combined one for younger kids with varied interests. Called as “Broadway Babies”, these programs are the best ways of introducing the kid to the world of performing arts.
* Video and film production programs: Designed for older kids, entering 8th to 12th grades, these programs take the participants through the complete process of creating short films. Right from the initial stages of screenwriting and story-boarding, the children learn all about shooting and editing during the course. They get full opportunity to express their creativity as their films are premiered. In addition to that, these programs also include documentary and interview skills and an introduction to advanced editing programs.
* Technical theater camp: Meant for the age group of 13 to 18 years, this camp focuses on all the behind-the-scenes work. Campers get to interact with professionals in the field and learn all the essential elements of technical theater like carpentry, lighting, sound design, scenic painting and so on.
These programs are complete with rehearsals and master classes to ensure that the time spent at the camp is totally productive and by the time it is over, the campers have an enhanced practical knowledge in their one or more areas of interest.
Author’s bio: The author is a blogger. This article talks about the things to expect at the annual summer performing arts camp by Mainstage Center for the Arts.Also See: Performing Arts, Arts Camp, Summer Stage, Summer Performing, Programs, Camp, ArtsTop Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2019 Uberant.com546,853 total articles and counting.