How To Lower Your Car Insurance Costs Once And For All!
Posted by Nick Niesen on October 29th, 2010
With fuel costs escalating out of control these days, car running costs are becoming a serious burden for the average family, especially families with more than one car. Because of this reason more and more people are looking for ways to control the costs associated with their family transport.
One such cost is the cost of car insurance. Below are 7 tips for lowering your car insurance costs:
1. Drive carefully. It may sound obvious but as insurance premiums are related to risk then your manner of driving is related to your insurance premiums. Safer driver equals lower premiums. It may not seem so at the time but those traffic violations or speeding fines reflect in your bill.
2. Have a look at other insurance policies you have with other companies. Many insurers offer discounts for combining all your family insurance with their company. Find out who they are and get a quote on all your policies combined.
3. Also note the differences in premiums you would be paying for the type of car you have. Different types of car attract different levels of premium because, in particular, different types of car are driven by different types of people, who may have different types of risk profile. Sports cars, for example, will usually show a higher rate of accidents than staid boring family cars.
5. Safety and anti theft devices can reduce the insurance costs for a car. Talk to your insurance company and find out if there are any safety or anti theft devices that you can install to reduce your premium. Then consider installing them making sure that you notify your insurance company once you have done so. And why not ring up your company and make sure that they are aware of any safety and anti theft devices you already have, if they aren't you may get a reduction.
6. Always look online for a competitive quote from other companies. Most of the major players and brokers are represented online and it is extremely competitive. Be sure to take advantage of this fact.
7. Don't just pay your premium blindly without checking if you can do better. Car insurance rates vary all the time and so even if it was the best rate last year it may not be this year. Every year shop around to see if you can do better, you may be surprised.
Follow the above tips and advice and you?ll be pleasantly surprised at how much you can save on your auto insurance.
About the AuthorNick Niesen
Joined: April 29th, 2015
Articles Posted: 33,847
Claim 1 FREE Stock! No Purchase Necessary!
You have a 100% chance of receiving one free stock! Click to claim and have a chance to get one share of Facebook, Visa, Microsoft and others for free!
FREE App - Earn up to 25¢/gal cash back on gas!
Download this FREE app and earn cash-back when you buy gas, groceries and food! 100% FREE to join and FREE to earn cash back on your everyday purchases!
Quality Office Furniture USA Shipped Direct - Madison Liquidators
Nationwide vendor of quality office furnishings including Desks, Office Chairs, Conference Tables, Cubicles and more!
Earn HNT Tokens with a Helium Hotspot!
Pre-Order a Helium hotspot and earn HNT tokens that are redeemable for USD. Set it and forget it!
Lolli: Earn Free Bitcoin When You Shop Online!
Lolli is a rewards application that gives you bitcoin for shopping at your favorite online stores.
Fold - Earn free bitcoin when you shop
Earn bitcoin cashback rewards when you shop at top retailers, including Amazon, Uber, Starbucks, Chipotle, and more. Download the app, sync your payment method and start earning bitcoin today!