Need of Car registration Spain documents and formalities by intel legal

Posted by John on April 30th, 2017

Enrolling a vehicle is an important part of owning a car in Spain. Depending on what kind of car you buy, and where you buy it from, the steps may vary. In the following paragraphs, Europe explains the process of registering a vehicle in Spain, in order to help clarify any possible questions you may have and get you driving faster.

If you buy a new car in Spain, you must have it checked again for roadworthiness in four years from your date of its initial roadworthiness check out Spanish car registration.

In case you have a used car of four years or more mature in Spain, you must have it periodically tested for roadworthiness two years after the time of the last roadworthiness check. If the car is older than 10 years you have to obtain it checked every year.

A roadworthiness test doesn't need to be performed each time a car changes owner.

Should you register your car as a new resident in Spain, moving from another EU country, you must take the roadworthiness check?

To register an imported car like register UK car in Spain (new or perhaps used), you need to submit this paperwork:

New vehicle: proof of VAT payment (model form 309 or perhaps 300 issued by the Agencia Estatal Tributaria) or proof that you are governed by VAT and the certificate regarding conformity.
Used vehicle: original car documents and also:

When bought from a private owner, translated purchase agreement and proof of payment of the property transfer tax.
When bought car dealer, invoice and a certificate given by the Ministry regarding Finance that the dealer is registered as an official car dealer.
If purchased in a car dealer in another EU country, an invoice where the VAT number is clearly described.
Certificate regarding conformity issued by the ITV.

Should you keep your normal residence in your fellow member state but you stay in another EU country for less than 6 months, an individual sign-up your car or pay out any registration taxes presently there - it will remain registered in your country of residence. You may, however, be questioned to pay other taxation related to the use of your car in that country (circulation taxes).

If you're staying in one more EU country cheaper than 6 months and haven't authorized your car presently there, you may not legally loan or rent your car to a resident of that country, who may only drive your car if you are in the car together with him/her.

You may, however, lend your car to visiting friends or family - offered they are not resident in your new country.

For getting more information about marbella car registration visit the website

Like it? Share it!


About the Author

Joined: December 27th, 2014
Articles Posted: 5,411

More by this author