What London Hotels Are Near The Changing Of The Guard?
Posted by Nick Niesen on October 29th, 2010
London hotels near the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace have become some of the most popular hotels in London. The tradition of the Changing of the Guard has been happening since 1660 and is steadily becoming more popular. The actual event is free and takes place when the new guards come from Wellington Barracks to relieve the previous guards, and are accompanied by a band. This usually lasts approximately 45 minutes and draws a large crowd, so being early is always necessary to see it best.
Several hotels are in the area, offering the convenience of being close to Buckingham Palace.
* Grange Rochester Hotel
These London Hotels are within 0.819km to 1.059km of Buckingham Palace and range in price and quality (2 Diamond to 4 Star).
In addition to the hotels in the area are many other attractions which are very popular with many.
* Buckingham Palace ? A tour of the palace may be taken for a small fee and tickets are available for purchase from the Ticket Office, located at the Canada Gate in Green Park.
* Queens Gallery ? The Queens Gallery is a collection of Royal items and is open to the public. There is a fee for entry but does include an audio tour.
* The Banqueting House ? As the only remaining complete building of the Whitehall Palace, it is very popular and well known for many royal and social gatherings.
* Royal Mews ? Guided tours are available of this working stable. It is known for its royal collection of coaches and carriages.
* Hard Rock Café ? Since 1971, the Hard Rock Café has been a vital and popular addition to London. The Hard Rock is well known for its collection of memorabilia from several celebrities that have visited. This tour is free and also includes a merchandise store.
* Westminster Cathedral ? This cathedral is a central part of the area and attracts over 8,000 people every week. Its beautiful and unique architecture makes it on of a kind.
* St. James Park ? The Park is the oldest Royal Park in London and is known for its beauty and location, as it is centrally located between Buckingham Palace, St. James Palace and the Houses of Parliament.
To go to and from the London hotels in the Buckingham Palace area are tube/railway stations. There are several tube stations in the area for easy connectivity to several places in and around London. A few tube stations near Westminster are:
The railways mentioned above are all 0.535km to 2.67km in distance from the area. Maps are available online for each of these to better assist. With so many attractions, finding London hotels should be one of the easiest parts of planning a trip.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorNick Niesen
Joined: April 29th, 2015
Articles Posted: 33,847
More by this author