Is A London Hotel An Expensive Proposition?
Posted by Nick Niesen on October 29th, 2010
When thinking of London, one of the first things that come to mind is the entertainment. Noteworthy attractions such as the London Zoo, the Tower Bridge, St. Paul?s Cathedral or Buckingham Palace, attract millions of tourists to the UK every year. When planning a trip to London, the last thing anyone wants to be concerned about is the cost of their hotel stay. So is a London hotel an expensive proposition?
Hotel booking agencies have grown tremendously over the last few years, making the market highly competitive, resulting in valuable discounts for consumers. Whether you are looking for something from bed and breakfasts to 5 Star hotels on a budget, or looking to spend a little extra, finding discount hotels in London is possible.
* Bed and Breakfasts can be one of the cheapest accommodations in London. They can offer guests the simplest of accommodations without having to pay for all of the ?extras?. Bed and Breakfasts have more of a ?cozy? feeling, as most are small family-owned businesses and have just a few rooms, giving the guest more personal attention than would be received in a hotel.
* Hostels are also available in London. Some hostels have private rooms, while others have dorms which room from 6 to sometimes 20 people at once. These are great for someone on a budget or just ?passing through?. They are anything but luxury, however normally offer bars and restaurants, self-catering kitchens and other facilities.
* Apart hotels in central locations around London have become popular as well. These are usually studio to 1-bedroom apartments that have things such as an individual kitchen, television and telephone. The rates are often compared to those of a 3 Star hotel in London.
* Most 2 to 3 Star hotels are considered the most popular and readily available hotels in London. Most are a mix of both independent hotels and brand name hotels, usually located north of Hyde Park. 4 Star London hotels usually have the best deals on the weekends and during the holidays; businessmen who travel to London during the week have left for the weekend, offering availability to those traveling during those days. The majority of these hotels are owned by large chain companies, but offer visitors bargain rates and often offer promotional rates for stays.
* Luxury London hotels are all 5 Star hotels, and are available in Central London. Many of these hotels are landmarks and well-known to many around the world. Family accommodations are also available at these hotels, and are also known to complete in the holiday seasons and on the weekends.
You will want to look for an online booking agency that is full of helpful information. Along with providing information on the cheap hotels in London, it should provide maps of the London area, tube/rail station information and attraction/entertainment information. Having all of this information available in one site will provide you with the ability to plan the best trip with the best price that you have had anywhere.
Like it? Share it!
About the AuthorNick Niesen
Joined: April 29th, 2015
Articles Posted: 33,847
More by this author