Following is the recommended cleaning routine for your night guard:
- In the morning, just as you brush, similarly brush your night guard with proper tooth brush and quality assured night guard cleaner product. It is very important to use a medically recommended night guard cleaner to clean as they are made keeping patient’s health in mind. Repeat this process after each use.
- When the night guard is not in use, simply store it in cold water as that will prevent from bacteria growth in it.
- Once in a week, you can clean it using denture cleaning tablet available at good pharmacists.
- If you are travelling then make sure your night guard is completely dry before keeping it in storage container. Also sterilize the storage case well for further safety to keep any kind of oral infection or illness away.
Please note: To choose the best night guard cleaner product:
Always avoid purchasing any cleaner which has alcohol as one of the ingredients because such an ingredient can affect the life of your appliance to a great extent.
Besides cleaning, what other care should be kept for night guards:
- Always keep a check on your night guard to see if it is not damaged. However durable and strong they are, but due to regular usage and teeth grinding issues, there are happens a case when they develop cracks or damage. If so, take them back to your dental center and ask the doc to replace.
- Second care tip is to always carry your night guard along to dentists whenever your visit so that they may have a checkup themselves and examine it from all means. If any further caring would be needed, he will guide you.
- Always buy a new night guard if damaged. Repairing existing one never is a permanent solution.
Hope the above guide would have completely cleared all your queries with good night guard routine.Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2020 Uberant.com704,762 total articles and counting.