Posted by nick_niesen on November 1st, 2010
The first baby monitors were really just a small intercom you hung by your baby?s crib so you would know if they started crying. Advances in design and technology have improved and so have the baby monitors you can purchase.
Baby Monitors are used by millions of families every year to help watch over their newborns and older babies. Some now sense movement, sound, and some even have visual monitors for watching over your newborn baby. Here are some of the monitors that I find to be very useful.
What are some of the features I should look for in a Baby Monitor?
1. Whether it has one receiver or two or more is one feature to consider. Having more than one receiver for the Baby Monitor, means you don?t have to carry it from room to room with you. You can have one receiver for the baby monitor in your bedroom, one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, and so on.
2. Is the receiver for the Baby Monitor battery operated or electric? Baby Monitors that run on batteries should also have an AC Adapter. If the batteries go dead, a nice feature is one that alarms you to that fact. Otherwise, you will just think the baby is being quiet, when in reality, you are no longer monitoring the baby.
3. Another option to having more than one receiver is to get a Baby Monitor with a belt clip, so that you won?t forget it when you go from room to room.
4. The receiver should be portable and lightweight.
5. The range of the monitor is also important. Some have only a range of 100 feet, while other Baby Monitors have a range of over 400 feet.
6. If it has more than one channel, then there should be an easy way to change channels and the volume control feature on most Baby Monitors is essential. Some really don?t have one.
7. Try the Baby Monitor out in the store if they will allow you to. The Baby Monitor?s sound should be very clear from a distance. If there is a lot of static or the sound is very poor quality, the Baby Monitor isn?t for you.
8. Surface mounting options for your Baby Monitor are important as well. The ability to mount it in more than one way should be included. Clips, suction cups, and other mounting options make using your Baby Monitor easy.
We hope the Tips on buying a Baby Monitor are helpful to you. There are more tips for buying a Baby Monitor at http://babyport.info/38570.php This is an important purchase for your baby?s safety and for your piece of mind. I do not recommend you buy the Cheapest Baby Monitor you can find, nor do I recommend the Most Expensive baby Monitor you can find. I recommend you buy the Baby Monitor with the features that suit you and your baby?s needs.Also See: Baby Monitor, Baby Monitors, Baby S, Mounting Options, Monitors, Monitor, Baby
Learn The Secrets of Shooting Video
Now you can learn the fast track system used by a world class photographer and videographer to shoot, direct, and produce any type of video, regardless of your current skill level.
Lightroom Presets Bundle - Exposure Empire
Here at Exposure Empire we offer many different packs of presets that make it fast and easy to edit your photos in Lightroom. If you love saving time, getting amazing results with your photos, and saving money, our Lightroom Presets bundle is for you!Get Rid of Tattoo Naturally
Learn how to get rid of unwanted tattoo naturally that you've been regretting for a long time without risky, expensive, painful laser and abrasive proceduresGuitar Theory Revolution
Guitar Theory Revolution Academy is the exclusive members area where you will find my complete method. It consists of several different resources; books, videos diagrams and MP3s.Advertise Here