Spanish car registration service registered using the Spanish authorities

Posted by Spanish on July 23rd, 2017

It really is illegal for residents of Spain to drive a car with foreign dishes, so once a car is brought in to Spain, it must be registered using the Spanish authorities. If entering The country of Spain with foreign plates, residents should drive from the port of access to their residence only. car registration spain and Spanish plates must be obtained within 30 days associated with an entry. Temporary permission to drive a good imported vehicle - and short-term license plates - should be extracted from the provincial Traffic Department (Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico) or complete re-registration of the car must be carried out.

non-resident EU citizens
EU people who are not Spanish residents might drive their foreign-registered vehicles (cars, motorbikes, and caravans) in Spain for approximately 180 days (six months) within a calendar year as long as it is road-worthy in the united states in which it is registered. In this case, just the owner of the vehicle may drive this. Students from another EU nation studying in Spain are permitted in order to temporarily import a car for the duration of their own studies, but proof of enrollment within an academic institution will be requested.

The register uk car in spain vehicle may remain in The country of Spain for more than 180 days in a season as long as it is not driven. Even though EUROPEAN UNION citizens are no longer required to obtain a home card, after 182 days the car must be registered in Spain or garaged.

Note: the six month period do not need to be consecutive and is counted throughout a calendar year only. This period is found on the owner's and not the car's presence in Spain.

The procedures associated with importing and registering a foreign automobile are complex. It is possible to complete the procedure independently, but there are specialist businesses that can provide assistance.

In order to spanish car registration, a vehicle must go through a safety inspection similar to the UK's VOCABLE test. Import taxes, as well as IVA, may be payable on imported automobiles once registered.

nonresident, non-EU people
A car owned by a non-EU resident may be kept in Spain as long as it is just used for up to 180 days (six months) in a calendar year and continues to be road-legal in its country of sign up. However, once it has been used for 6 months, it should be officially sealed (Preciado) through Customs authorities (Aduana) or the Reten Civil. Though not commonly carried out, it can be used as proof that this vehicle was not driven illegally. In the beginning of the next calendar year, the finalizer may be removed by the officials and also the vehicle may be driven again great 180 days. There is a fee for this service.

For getting more information about gestorias marbella visit the website

Like it? Share it!


About the Author

Joined: May 17th, 2017
Articles Posted: 22

More by this author