One of the most rampant and overlooked problem is leaky roof. Most of the owners have a misconception that leaky roof is a small problem but in reality it’s a menace which can lead to dangerous situations in long run and some of these can be life threatening too. Constant water intrusion – one of the common results of leaky roofs, slowly penetrates in the building and weakens foundation of the entire structure. To know what other damages a leaky roof can cause, read on:
- Attic and Ceiling Damage: Damp attics or items stored in the attic getting spoiled due to moisture are some of the initial signs of the leaky roofs. If the leaks are not mended for a long period of time then popping out of wall or ceiling paint and formation of bubbles in the same will take place degrading the aesthetic value of your property.
- Shock Hazard: Constantly leaking water slowly reaches to the electrical wiring resulting in life threatening hazards. If the leakage is not that deep then also there are full possibilities of water reaching the main electrical box and damaging the uncovered wires which if touched by mistake can result in life threatening situation.
- Slip and Fall Hazards: A leaky roof leads to puddle of water on floor resulting in slipping and falling hazards. If an employee slips on the wet floor then the owner has to lose on skilled manpower and also offer medical reimbursement to the patient. However, appointing commercial roofing services for repairing the leaky roofs is an ideal solution for the situation.
- Mold and Mildew: In long run, mildews and molds can spread to the HVAC systems allowing the germs to spread and damage the office equipment. HVAC ducts in the entire property offer a smooth path for molds and mildews to spread and severely damage the furniture. Penetration of chronic water gives birth to black mold. Breeding possibilities for toxic black mold is rare but the non-toxic black mold also lands you in serious conditions such as degradation of wood framings or ceiling deformation. The solution to this problem is costly and should be executed by experts only. Therefore, you should opt for an industry leader like SouthShoreroofingma.com who offer solutions for different roofing problems and have satisfied clientele base across great Boston and South Shore areas.
- Health Issues due to Mold: People with conditions like nasal congestion, rhinitis, inflammation and asthma are more likely to fall prey to the health problems caused by mold. Increase in the mold spores is considered to be one of the main causes for asthmatic symptoms and allergic reactions.
- Higher Utility Bills: Increased bill is the economic side effect of leaky roofs. Accumulation of water due to prolonged leakage on the cellulose or fiberglass makes it saturated increasing the drying time of the same. If you fail to consult reliable commercial roofing services on time then there is full probability that your property start losing hot and cold air resulting in high utility bills.
The results of leaky roofs may not sound daunting initially, but prolonged leaking can lead to irreversible and unimaginable damages. Therefore, it is advisable to seek help from experts to keep all these damages and hazards at bay.
Six Serious Damages caused by Leaky Roofs
There is no doubt in the fact that the secret of functional and beautiful properties lies in timely maintenance. Faulty wiring, plumbing issues, ventilation problems, heating cooling system defects and leaky roofs are some of the regular problems that need to be attended promptly. Although all these problems can land people in dangerous situations, these are...
Damages Caused by Water is an Issue to Think About
Water is very essential for our survival and therefore we must find ways to conserve water and use it properly. We should be prepared for managing the disaster, only then we can curb the growing problem of destruction by water.Water is essential for the survival of humankind. Civilizations are known to have been be flourished on the banks of water bodies. Ho...
Cystic Acne: Serious Cures for Serious AcneAlso See: Leaky Roofs, Leaky Roof, Life Threatening, Black Mold, Leaky, Roofs, Mold
Cystic acne is a more advanced case of a pimple. Millions of people around the world have some kind of acne or another, but cystic acne is one of the more severe types out there. It develops from a regular pimple, also known as a pustule, by rooting itself deeper within the skin and forming a painful sore known as a cyst. These cysts can vary in size and col...
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2010 - 2017 Uberant.com All Rights Reserved.