With nearly 350 hospital projects currently under various stages of development in the GCC region, and with the demand for hospital beds in the GCC is expected to grow at a 2.3% CAGR, from an estimated 101,797 in 2015 to 113,925 beds in 2020, this is the main driver for increasing the number of qualified allied healthcare professionals in the region.
Race to Attract the Best Talent
Employers across the healthcare delivery spectrum are scrambling to hire the right people, and to retain and train their existing pool of talent. As shortage of the healthcare workforce grows across the region, it is important to develop an effective talent acquisition strategy.
According to a recent survey by real estate portal GulfTalent, the healthcare industry in the GCC continues to have the highest percentage of recruitment with 68% of the surveyed firms reporting an increase in the headcount during 2015. As one Human Capital Director in the UAE-based hospital explains, “We are facing high employee turnover, because of so many new opportunities in the market and too few qualified candidates.”
How to Navigate The Job Market
So what should candidates looking to make a successful career change in the healthcare industry keep in mind when making the transition? According to employment website Monster.com, here are eight tips to keep in mind when navigating the healthcare job market:
• Think Ahead: Be ready for change at all times. Have you resume ready and be aware of emerging opportunities.
• Do Your Homework: Investigate what it would take to become qualified for your target job.
• Turn Setbacks Around: Being made redundant of loosing your job may prompt you to re-examine your career goals for the first time in years.
• Consider the Big Picture: Examine your career so far and decide what kind of new career would make you happy.
• Look Before You Leap: If you think you're interested in a specific field, you may want to try it out before you commit to it full-time.
• Network, Network, Network: Stay in touch with those who have supported you over the years, they can recommend or even hire you.
• Keep Your Options Open: Health professionals should have a career plan, but remain flexible when unexpected opportunities arise.
• Don't Beat Yourself Up: While you are in the midst of a career transition, don't forget to take care of yourself emotionally.
Be Prepared, Get Your Papers Ready
Here in the GCC, it is important for candidates to be aware of the documents and licenses needed to be able to work as a healthcare professional in this region. For example, those wishing to work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) must obtain their license through Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Ministry of Health or Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD). This can be done online via the Examination & Evaluation System (EES).
As of October 2015, healthcare professionals have been able to transfer their license from one facility to another without having to wait for the earlier six-month period. This gives them greater flexibility and will allow such professionals to switch to facilities with better perks or to a facility with greater demand for their services.
Cut Out The Middle Man
For jobseekers looking for ways to fast track the recruitment process and to get their CV’s in front of the right people, the Healthcare Recruitment & Training Fair (HRTF 2017) at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) is the perfect platform to get noticed.
Running from 27-29 October 2017, the region’s only healthcare recruitment and training fair dedicated to matching hospitals, companies and governments with talented healthcare professionals, is set to welcome more than 100 recruiting companies who are ready to receive applications, hold face-to-face interviews and snap up the best healthcare (both clinical and non-clinical) professionals available in the market. Registration for jobseekers is free via https://www.healthrecruitmentfair.com/en/visit/register-to-visit-for-free.html
Medical Conference in UAE
CME Accredited Medical Conferences
Nursing Conference in Abu Dhabi
Healthcare Jobs in Dubai
Nursing Jobs in Dubai
Top Searches - Trending Searches - New Articles - Top Articles - Trending Articles - Featured Articles - Top Members
Copyright © 2020 Uberant.com679,252 total articles and counting.